Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex reporting

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex reporting

How long does it take them to start reporting your new card to the CRA after your approved.

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
blacklotus
Regular Contributor

Re: Amex reporting

I wish I knew I was denied for AMEX Blue!!!

Congrats on your new card- so prestigious I would show it off everywhere!

hehe- no really congrats please let us know how its working for you and strategies you have for it!

TU Fico 736 EQ Fico 730 (December 2012)
Message 2 of 28
fused
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

How long does it take them to start reporting your new card to the CRA after your approved.

I got my cards some years ago and I remember it taking about six weeks to report on TU and EQ and much, much longer for EX. That said, it "appears" Amex has been more timely in their reporting to the CRAs these days.. 

Message 3 of 28
stefanc
Regular Contributor

I got my latest Amex in the begining of Feb (one statement cut since then). Still a no show on the reports...

Message 4 of 28
fused
Moderator Emeritus

@stefanc wrote:

I got my latest Amex in the begining of Feb (one statement cut since then). Still a no show on the reports...

*eating my words*

Perhaps, Amex has only got their act together as far as monthly reporting goes. LOL!

Message 5 of 28
stefanc
Regular Contributor

@fused wrote:

@stefanc wrote:

*eating my words*

Perhaps, Amex has only got their act together as far as monthly reporting goes. LOL!

Yup they have been MUCH quicker at monthly reporting, I think my Charge card is hitting the CRA's about 7-10 days after statement cut - it used to be 3-4 weeks.

Message 6 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long do it take to get the card. I was approved for the Gold Card Saturday?

Message 7 of 28
stefanc
Regular Contributor

I think I got the last card in 7 or 8 days.

Congrats on the Gold BTW

Message 8 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@stefanc wrote:

I think I got the last card in 7 or 8 days.

Congrats on the Gold BTW

Thx i'm a lil frantic can't believe i got this card.......Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the Amex Costco Trueearnings card back in October. I can't recall the exact amount of time that it took to start reporting, but I know that it wasn't more than two weeks. As a matter of fact, I think I recall it reporting to Experian almost immediately (3 or 4 days after opening), and the other two within that two week period after opening.

@Anonymous wrote:

Thx i'm a lil frantic can't believe i got this card.......Smiley Very Happy

I get all worked up about a new credit product too (don't know why, but I do, LOL!). To be honest, I was really worried that Amex was going to be a lot of hassle, and difficult to deal with. But, so far, my experience has been absolutely wonderful. Their online account interface is very nice, the customer service is good. My card has never been declined for any purchase, of any amount (I've got a revolver with a known limit, though). They soft my reports every month, and don't bother me. There's nice deals that pop up on their website that you can sign up for-- like in December they had a great rebate on BP gas. So far, I'm a happy camper!

My only complaints are that A) If your statement balance is $0 then you can't schedule a payment on their website. But, this isn't a big deal at all, because I just added them to my bank bill pay, and push the payment (same day service) if I'm paying before the statement date. Then, there's my *real* complaint-- The Amex Daily Wish! I NEVER get what I'm trying to get! I can literally push the "get it" button that very milisecond that it goes on sale, and I'm denied, "I'm sorry, we're all out!" <shaking my fist in the air> FINE! I tell myself that I'm never doing the Daily Wish again, but then I'll see something, and I'll think, "Oooooh! Well, maybe just once more I'll try..." Smiley Tongue

Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.