Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex robs Peter to pay Paul for new CC and SL

tag
RickNATL
Established Contributor

Amex robs Peter to pay Paul for new CC and SL

I mentioned on another thread that Amex took CL from one CC to fund the SL for a new card ... from a personal card to business...attached is print copy from letter...
6 REPLIES 6
RickNATL
Established Contributor

Re: Amex robs Peter to pay Paul for new CC and SL

Amex.jpeg

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep they figure this is better than a denial. You can call them and shuffle your limits back around if they chopped too much. 

Message 3 of 7
RickNATL
Established Contributor

I recently posted I was thinking about downgrading the Delta Reserve since Platinum is providing some of the same key benefits found in the Delta Reserve.  Having the limit chopped is no biggie...the total CL/UTIL available won't see much of an impact. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 7
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yep they figure this is better than a denial. You can call them and shuffle your limits back around if they chopped too much. 

According to the OP, credit was reallocated from a personal card (Delta Reserve) to their Bonvoy business card.   That's OK, AMEX within certain guidelines will also let a cardholder do that.      What they (almost? - I've never heard of an exception to this rule) never allow to be done is to reallocate CL from a business card to a personal card.    

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 5 of 7
RickNATL
Established Contributor

Thx ColdFusion
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@coldfusion wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

According to the OP, credit was reallocated from a personal card (Delta Reserve) to their Bonvoy business card.   That's OK, AMEX within certain guidelines will also let a cardholder do that.      What they (almost? - I've never heard of an exception to this rule) never allow to be done is to reallocate CL from a business card to a personal card.    

I thought they allowed you to move limits back if they took limits from another card, I didn’t know that didn’t apply to business cards in which case it’s a pretty garbage thing to do. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.