Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex's website is down

tag
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Amex's website is down

I've been trying to login for the past couple of hours now to pay a CC, but have had no luck. Unfortunately, today is my due date! So, I called to make a payment via the phone and the CSR's computers were down too. They said that the computers are being updated and told me to call back within 3 hours.

Since my payment is due today, does anyone know what their cutoff time is for making a payment online via their site?

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
crosbyk1
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amex's website is down

I was starting to think Amex closed my account or something. LOL

Starting Score: 744
Current Score: 744
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 15
DI
Super Contributor

Someone must have hit the banking industry computers today.  I better check my credit reports for fraud in the near future.
Message 3 of 15
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Unrelated I bet, I've also had problems with Facebook and Gmail, and Juniper took forever to load.
Message 4 of 15
DI
Super Contributor

@llecs wrote:
Unrelated I bet, I've also had problems with Facebook and Gmail, and Juniper took forever to load.

I don't use any of those website.  Deleted my facebook 3 months ago. 

Message 5 of 15
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

llecs, did you ever get in?

I remember a thread long ago where this happened, and members posted that CS had told them that there would be a way to not be hit with a late fee. Don't know if they were writing cardholders' names on sticky notes or what.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 15
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

haulingthescoreup wrote:
llecs, did you ever get in?

I remember a thread long ago where this happened, and members posted that CS had told them that there would be a way to not be hit with a late fee. Don't know if they were writing cardholders' names on sticky notes or what.

I tried all day to no avail, even on different computers just in case it was a cache issue. Finally, about an hour ago, I was able to see my account info. I go to pay and the account I wanted to pay out of wasn't setup yet. So, I go to set it up and then get the same down-time message as before. Arrrrrgh! So, I called and their automated system worked. I was able to add an account over the phone and made a PIF over the phone. I wrote down their conf. number too. After 30 min. or so, I went back to Amex and was able to login and even saw that they received my payment. All is well. Phew!

My mind told me to pay yesterday, when I had the chance. Yet, procrastination prevails once again! In the past 2 years since learning my ways on myFICO, I was late with only one CC. That was a Target card and I was late by 10 minutes. I vowed then that I'd never be late again. I almost blew it with this one.

Message 7 of 15
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I really need to get around to setting automatic minimum payments on my cards. Smiley Tongue
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

does not amex allow you setup payments in advance , use to credit card sites  only allowed you payment for that day. all  my credit credit allow to setup payments on my due date

I don't bother autopay any more with the exception of chase, because it manage online and works properly ,unlike cap1 and juniper

Message 9 of 15
DI
Super Contributor

I was able to get my payment through today.  The website is back working now.
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.