Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex sign up bonus

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex sign up bonus

Hi myfico 

Does amex honor their sign up bonus? I have screenshots of when I applied but after doing some reading here I am feeling shaky about it.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex sign up bonus

They did for my Blue Cash Preferred

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi myfico 

Does amex honor their sign up bonus? I have screenshots of when I applied but after doing some reading here I am feeling shaky about it.

Thanks.

Yes they do.  No need to worry

Message 3 of 15
UncleB
Credit Mentor

I've never had an issue with them honoring any of my bonuses.

Ironically, my PRG bonus 50k MR points just showed up as 'pending' this morning.  Smiley Wink

With my BCP, they were very prompt in crediting my bonus... if only they were that prompt in crediting cash rewards! 

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes. You already took a screenshot of it, so if you are really worried then use the live chat and ask a rep what the sign up bonus attached to your card is.

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex is very good with their sign up bonuses. My bonus appeared in pending as soon as my payment went through!

Message 6 of 15
RonM21
Valued Contributor

I've heard they're really good about the bonuses. It's the rewards where they can be slow.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have not had an issue with receiving my sign up bonus from AMEX.  Once I met the spend requirement.... my bonus showed up within 2-3 days. I have the AMEX Hilton and Hilton Surpass. The only complaint is that you will only see the rewards you earn each month when your statement cuts.  You don't see the rewards as you earn them as you would with Capital One.

Message 8 of 15
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi myfico 

Thanks.

Yes and they honor it really fast.

I got 2 cards recently, each with a big cash signup bonus, & I was wondering how long it would take to actually see the cash.

I got the statement credits within a couple of days of reaching the requisite spend.

Didn't have to wait for a statement cut or anything.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 9 of 15
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

As with probably every issuer, the honor it..... except when they don't.   These things are, AFAIK, not deliberate money saving strategies.  Sometimes, for whatever reason, what you see on the screen is not recorded in the system, so you don't appear to have the offer you think you have.    WHen you tell the CSRs, they are often either powerless to help or decide you are not being truthful. 

As for screenshots, well, I'm sure I can find a screenshot of say the 100K MR Plat Offer and/or photoshop it appropriately.   If it's not in the system  then....

Amex isn't a huge offender, but see, for example, http://thepointsguy.com/2013/02/sunday-reader-question-what-to-do-when-amex-does-not-honor-sign-up-b... and all the comments.

However, most times, things work great.  Which is fine until you hit one of the other times

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.