Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex soft on AU

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex soft on AU

I just noticed AMEX has been doing soft INQ's on my DW.

Will this hurt me for a CLI?

She is still about 100 points behind me- and getting there.
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex soft on AU

Timothy wrote:

Amex usually will treat an AU just like a cardholder.  They did require her SSN when you added her right? Not sure how this will effect your CLIs but they do watch both parties.

I have heard them decline an AU due to poor credit performance.

Message Edited by Brammy on 10-08-2007 11:34 PM

Message Edited by Brammy on 10-08-2007 11:35 PM
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes- SSN AU issued without any question.
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Brammy wrote:

Timothy wrote:

Amex usually will treat an AU just like a cardholder.  They did require her SSN when you added her right? Not sure how this will effect your CLIs but they do watch both parties.

I have heard them decline an AU due to poor credit performance.

Message Edited by Brammy on 10-08-2007 11:34 PM

Message Edited by Brammy on 10-08-2007 11:35 PM

maybe that's why my amex cli's keep getting shot dow. remeber my posts about dw's reports showing all kinds of collections, litteraly from out of the blue. man i thought it wouldn't hurt any of the au accounts.
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

TY- looking for any more information here I can get.
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

IMHO, there is no reason for Amex to pull the credit of the AU unless they treat the AU like a cosigner on the accout as far a s issuing additina l credit.  You could always call them and find out.  That is ne thing I don't like about Amex BUT it does make sense.  IF one party, especially a spouse is demonstrating financial difficulties, it stands to reason that it may spread across the household even i the other spouse is unaware.  Just sucks that they seem to practice this.  Just make sure that AU on Amex doesn't mean equal liability like on their corporate cards.
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually - In the Terms
Amex reserves the right to go after AU for their purchases in the event of default.

(not the exact wording)

I am going to call them and find out.
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Timothy wrote:
Actually - In the Terms
Amex reserves the right to go after AU for their purchases in the event of default.

(not the exact wording)

I am going to call them and find out.

So it is the same as the corp card and its not really AU but a hybrid type of joint.

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

well i called and asked a csr if au credit was factored into the mix and she said no. oh well, looks like i can't blame dw afterall.
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

dnm45227 wrote:
well i called and asked a csr if au credit was factored into the mix and she said no. oh well, looks like i can't blame dw afterall.

Are they softing her report? If so, I would ask why they are monitoring her credit if it has no bearing on the account status.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.