Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex soft pull????

tag
NRB525
Super Contributor

Re: Amex soft pull????

@bettercreditguy1 wrote:

A question, what AMEX card do you have? The AMEX card I carry has no credit limit. I called them many moons ago and asked what my credit limit was. They responded "It is based on your ability to repay." On a special occasion when I was celebrating a personal mile stone and spending outside of my norms,  my server was alerted by  AMEX. I was asked  to verify some informformation (discretely, via land line)  for AMEX to make sure it wasn't fraud, etc.  Upon assuring Amex it was myself and suggesting a range of expenses that eve, they said "no problem the charges would be approved". Highly professional, discreet, and well manored. I might add this was over 25 years ago. I have had my Amex Card over 30 Years as of this penmanship and am very happy with the firm, my card, and their team. 

Replace the reference to server person with your cell phone, replace land-line (what's that?) with text on your cell phone, and you have the modern version of this.

For those with AMEX cards and cell phones, sign up for the text alert settings. You can get a lot of "crisis communication" taken care of, as well as get excellent monitoring for fraud, through your phone. With the phone apps and payment apps on your phone, the linkage is even more extensive, giving info such as "card not present" for online charges. If someone is using your card, and having trouble finding the correct 4-digit security number on the card, AMEX may send you a "potential fraud" text as this is going on. I had this come through a few months  ago when my GF was trying to purchse something on line, didn't know that security number was on the front of the AMEX card.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.