Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex starting to report accounts early

tag
W261w261
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amex starting to report accounts early

Mild surprise on the Delta, as I had 3600 balance and lost about 10 pts on my score. Doesn't really matter, as I assume it will come back next month. Haha, my Vantage swooned! Down 65 pts! 

Message 11 of 24
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Remedios wrote:

For those of you thinking nothing is going to happen for a couple of months reporting wise when applying for multiple accounts, re-think your timing 

I had talked to someone yesterday whose account reported in less than two weeks. 

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/american-express-now-reporting-new-cards-sooner/amp/

Thanks for the tip 😊. This helps me plan my next escapade 😜. 

Message 12 of 24
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

For those of you thinking nothing is going to happen for a couple of months reporting wise when applying for multiple accounts, re-think your timing 

I had talked to someone yesterday whose account reported in less than two weeks. 

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/american-express-now-reporting-new-cards-sooner/amp/

Thanks for the tip 😊. This helps me plan my next escapade 😜. 

Wuh Oh! - Uh Oh GIF - UhOh Uh Oh - Discover & Share GIFs

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 13 of 24
Titans84
Valued Contributor

I opened a CM on 04/27 and 1st statement posted yesterday. AMEX reported it to CBs today.

Current FICO 8:

Message 14 of 24
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

Back in the day, 2 months was normal... My BCE (now BCP) took 2 months to show on EX and almost 3 on EQ and TU IIRC. I don't remember how long it took PRG to report, but I think it was around 45-60 days to show on all 3 bureaus.

I wonder what else is changing behind the scenes with this move?

Message 15 of 24
UncleB
Credit Mentor

I applied for an Amex installment loan on 5/13, and it hit all bureaus on 5/26.

Not a disaster by any means, but I was hoping to have it paid down a bit before it started reporting. 😕

Message 16 of 24
manbuckets
Regular Contributor

Any new updates about this? Are cards still reporting around 2 weeks after approval?

Current Cards/Loans:
Future Cards:
Message 17 of 24
CaptJOB
Regular Contributor

I opened a Brilliant in May and it took the usual two months. Opened a Green a few days ago. We'll see...

Message 18 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was approved for the Brilliant on July 20 and it is not yet reporting. I'm sure it will report after my statement closes this month on 9/19. I'll report back to confirm.

Message 19 of 24
Eyepinpools
Regular Contributor

Opened a BCP in July and it reported to all 3 CRAs at the first statement. 

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.