Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex status?

tag
Tayflyer
Established Member

Amex status?

Applied for an Amex blue last night and app is pending. Should I call the back door number to check on status or just let it play out? Would it increase my chances of approval to call? Any advice would be appreciated.

I will be in the garden till at least 10/14. I need to let my accounts age as I have added quite a few in the past few months.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
flowfaster
Established Contributor

Re: Amex status?

They will mostly likely tell you that because it's Sunday that the office is closed.  I would just call first thing Monday morning.

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 2 of 11
Tayflyer
Established Member

Cool, probably will call them tomorrow.

I will be in the garden till at least 10/14. I need to let my accounts age as I have added quite a few in the past few months.
Message 3 of 11
cottoncrown
Frequent Contributor

I had this happen last night too, which strange because the other three accounts I have with them were instantly approved. Hopefully we get them!
Message 4 of 11
brikays
Regular Contributor

Good luck OP.....let us know what the outcome is.

~ Hover over cards to view limits ~

Message 5 of 11
Tayflyer
Established Member

Yeah, I hope do too, cottoncrown.

Message 6 of 11
GOldfishes
Contributor

I applied for Amex PRG yesterday morning and got a pending message which made me nervous. I called the number about an hour later and after confirming my year of birth and last 4 of SSN I was told that I was approved...definitely give them a call.

Experian: 734 Equifax: 765 Transunion:776

BoA Cash Rewards($6500)|Fidelity Investment Rewards AMEX($5000)|Chase Freedom($4000)|
Chase Sapphire Preferred($6500)|Amex PRG ($NPSL)|Amex SPG($6000)|Amex Business Gold Rewards($NPSL)|Amex BCE ($10,200)|Citi AA Exec ($10,500)|
Message 7 of 11
red259
Super Contributor

Is there a way with the Amex PRG to find out what the spending cap is? I know there is a feature on the website where I can ask if a specific charge will be approved, but was wondering if there is a way to figure out the current cap. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 8 of 11
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@red259 wrote:

Is there a way with the Amex PRG to find out what the spending cap is? I know there is a feature on the website where I can ask if a specific charge will be approved, but was wondering if there is a way to figure out the current cap. 

Your only avenue woukd be using the 'will my charges be approved' online. As you know, you are limited to two tries per day and the info is subject to change

Message 9 of 11
CredittotheMax
Frequent Contributor

Call tomorrow and they should be able to tell you your status.

$5k$4.5k$2.8k$8k$500
FICO = EQ: 786 (1/15) TU:774 (2/15) EX: 767 (2/15)
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.