Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex telco offer not honored

tag
SkyCommander
Frequent Contributor

Amex telco offer not honored

I have the Amex offer to spend $100 or more on cell phone bill and get 1k rewards points added to my PRG. I used it once before and it posted but I tried it again and it's not showing up (2 months apart). I contacted Amex and they said that I paid the bill through a 3rd party which I didn't do. Even the log from the Verizon website says my last login and the confirmation payment were 4 minutes apart. What else can I do to prove to Amex that I went directly to the website to pay it? It's aggravating that next time to do an online offer I have to record it on video to prove I did everything.

Chase Hyatt | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Chase Freedom Unlimited | Amex ED | Amex Hilton | Amex Bonvoy | BoA Amtrak | CapOne Quicksilver
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
SBR249
Established Contributor

Re: Amex telco offer not honored

If you have a payment confirmation that you can print out from Verizon (record of payments or something) you could try sending that to AmEx. Or you can see what it lists as on your transactions list and whether verizon is mentioned there. 

Message 2 of 5
Peteyglad
Established Contributor

I am with SBR249. What does the transaction come up as in the statement? Does it come up as Verizon Wireless?

Chase Sapphire Preferred 20k | Amex Delta Platinum 20k | Amex Hilton Aspire 20k | US Bank Cash+ 25k | Chase Amazon Prime 25k | Barclaycard Aviator Red 40k | Bank of America Alaska Airlines 42k | Chase Marriott 50k | Discover It 50.3k | Amex EDP 52k | Citi Thank You Premier 56K | Bank of America BBR 57.9k
Message 3 of 5
SkyCommander
Frequent Contributor

Looking at my Amex account there are differences in the bill despite paying it directly on the Verizon website. I have a payment history form that the Verizon rep says only transactions between me and Verizon will appear never a 3rd party.

For my payment that Amex is saying it was done through a 3rd party-

Doing business as
VERIZON WIRELESS
Additional Information:
E0000000000SERVICESERVICE

Category: Communications - Mobile Telecom

My payment that went through and got the offer correctly-

Doing business as:
VZWIRELESS MY VZ VE
Additional Information: E0000000000BILL PAYBILL PAY
Category: Communications - Mobile Telecom

My last login was 10pm the date of the charge as Verizon tracks your last logins. Then received payment email and text 4 minutes later. No telecom store is open at 10pm and no 3rd party charge will appear on my account's payment history.

Chase Hyatt | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Chase Freedom Unlimited | Amex ED | Amex Hilton | Amex Bonvoy | BoA Amtrak | CapOne Quicksilver
Message 4 of 5
mkhan1093
Established Contributor

If possible, you can request someone at Verizon to send an official email/communication to Amex confirming that you did not use a 3rd party site. I would talk to Amex first though to see 1) if they allow such communications and 2) what email address would be best to send it to, and what to include, if (1) is affirmative.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.