Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex terminated account only shows on 2 bureaus- AAoA

tag
titanium_bbx
Contributor

Amex terminated account only shows on 2 bureaus- AAoA

My mother had me added to her since-1989 Amex but the relationship was "terminated" in 2014.

It seems to be a part of my AAoA on two reports: EQ & TU  ... "Pays account as agreed"  with "Account Holder: Terminated"

It shows under my Closed accounts on those two bureaus.

This old Amex definitely seems to be helping my AAoA:

TU: Very Good : AAoA - 63 months / Age of Oldest: 325 mo

Eq: Very Good: AAoA- 53 months / Age of Oldest: 325 mo

Experian is missing this Amex account:

"Good": AAoA- 48 mo / Age of Oldest: 121 mo

Is there an "easy way" to get Experian to report this closed account as well? Perhaps by just showing them the other reports?

I'd rather not "re-trigger" a re-calc of the whole file though, I believe I did have to dispute it to get it cleaned up to just those comments. 

So in summary my Exp score is about 20 pts lower than the others mainly cause of this one account it seems. So wondering if there is a simple way besides contacting Amex.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Amex terminated account only shows on 2 bureaus- AAoA

@titanium_bbx wrote:

My mother had me added to her since-1989 Amex but the relationship was "terminated" in 2014.

It seems to be a part of my AAoA on two reports: EQ & TU  ... "Pays account as agreed"  with "Account Holder: Terminated"

It shows under my Closed accounts on those two bureaus.

This old Amex definitely seems to be helping my AAoA:

TU: Very Good : AAoA - 63 months / Age of Oldest: 325 mo

Eq: Very Good: AAoA- 53 months / Age of Oldest: 325 mo

Experian is missing this Amex account:

"Good": AAoA- 48 mo / Age of Oldest: 121 mo

Is there an "easy way" to get Experian to report this closed account as well? Perhaps by just showing them the other reports?

I'd rather not "re-trigger" a re-calc of the whole file though, I believe I did have to dispute it to get it cleaned up to just those comments. 

So in summary my Exp score is about 20 pts lower than the others mainly cause of this one account it seems. So wondering if there is a simple way besides contacting Amex.

since it wasn't your account to begin with i would venture to say heck no!

Message 2 of 4
myjourney
Super Contributor

No you were not the owner of the account so there's no way to correct this since the account is now closed ....sorry 

In all likelihood what will happen via CB's is if the account is disputed it  would simply be deleted

No they won't except a copy as proof to place it back on your CR's ....at least I've never seen it happen 

What did you dispute previously because that maybe the reason it's not there?

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 4
titanium_bbx
Contributor

Ok thanks for your feedback.

I'll just leave it be. Thanks.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.