Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex upgrade SUB offer disappeared

tag
ladybug2016
Regular Contributor

Amex upgrade SUB offer disappeared

Hi all,

About a month ago I accepted the upgrade offer on my account for a BCP from the BCE I've had about 5 years now.

I couldn't remember how much I needed to spend in 3 months or the exact terms. Normally I'm really good about taking a screenshot of everything but I didn't. Long story short, I highly recommend doing so as when I called in to ask how much to spend for the $150 bonus, they said I didn't have an upgrade offer. I explained that was why I accepted because I saw the offer and they couldn't find anything. They sent it to the "back office" for further research but she didn't sound hopeful.

I also have an offer to upgrade to Gold from Green and get 15,000 or so points. I asked if they could see that offer and no, they didn't see that either. The phone rep told me to be sure to screenshot it if I accept anything in the future.

She asked 3 times if I had an offer for $300 for the BCP and I said no, $150. She said she believed me since I wasn't asking for $300 but whether or not she believed me, I have no proof. Kind of sad really.

Has this happened to anyone? Did the back office fix it? 

Thanks in advance to anyone who might know!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
NRB525
Super Contributor

Re: Amex upgrade SUB offer disappeared

I've seen various upgrade offers, with and without points. The "upgrade with points" versions don't remain available very long. 

Screenshot highly recommended.  

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 2 of 5
staticvoidmain
Established Contributor

@ladybug2016 wrote:

Happened to me. But, I DID take a screenshot, so they gave me the offer.

Message 3 of 5
ladybug2016
Regular Contributor

@NRB525 wrote:

I've seen various upgrade offers, with and without points. The "upgrade with points" versions don't remain available very long. 

Screenshot highly recommended.  

Thanks so much for the reply. Yes, I've learned the hard way unfortunately.

Message 4 of 5
ladybug2016
Regular Contributor

@staticvoidmain wrote:

@ladybug2016 wrote:

Happened to me. But, I DID take a screenshot, so they gave me the offer.

Thanks for your reply. You're clearly smarter than me. :-) I'm glad they made things right with you. I've learned a lesson.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.