cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AmexPlatinum Retention Offer: What's worth it?

tag
TheFIGuy
Established Contributor

Re: AmexPlatinum Retention Offer: What's worth it?

@jasonbourne84 wrote:

Well, Amex made no retention offer for either of us. So that was easy enough. Closed both accounts. 

Funny enough, I called a couple hours ago to check again. No soup for me either. I kept the CS Platinum though lol.

Message 11 of 12
jasonbourne84
Frequent Contributor

Re: AmexPlatinum Retention Offer: What's worth it?

@TheFIGuy wrote:

@jasonbourne84 wrote:

Well, Amex made no retention offer for either of us. So that was easy enough. Closed both accounts. 

Funny enough, I called a couple hours ago to check again. No soup for me either. I kept the CS Platinum though lol.

I was a little surprised, but *shrug* - whatever. I also downgraded DH's Amex Delta Gold to a Delta Blue and will most likely do the same with (effectively close) my Amex Delta Reserve at the end of the year if they continue to refuse me a CLI (I'm pretty sure it's one of those famous $1000 Amex purgatory limits).

I'm actually starting to wonder if we even want the CS right now. We close tomorrow on our home and my plan is to get a HELOC shortly thereafter to do some balance transfer magic with my student loans. Even though the CS is theoretically a SP for us, they'd still be new accounts. And of course, there's still the risk of a HP. I wouldn't want the CS to mess up the HELOC options. 

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.