Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An alert E-mail from USAA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

An alert E-mail from USAA

How many of you received Alert E-mail from USAA?   

I do not have any acct with them.  So I called USAA and they told me to forward these e-mail to abuse@usaa.com

Good thing ... I did not click that URL.

BE AWARE!!

I also got one from FBI.

Saturday, March 27, 2010 11:39 PM
To:  undisclosed-recipients

Attn: Beneficiary,It has come to notice of Federal Bureau of Investigation that your long awaiting funds worth US$10,500,000.00 only has been transferred to Bank of America to credit to your account.However, we decided to inform you about this good news so that you will be ready to receive the huge sum of money with any bank account of your choice. Moreover, we have instructed Bank Of America to hold on until we receive what is called "DIPLOMATIC IMMUNITY SEAL OF TRANSFER (DIST)" from you to prove the letigimacy of the funds approval from Nigerian government.Furthermore,more details and the contact information of above stated certificate responsible issuing officer shall be given to you in my next e-mail.Note that we shall conduct immediate payment cancellation and then charge you for money laundering,for review. The FBI Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Division processes these requests to check illegal ctivities in U.S.A. Regards,Robert Mueller, III FBI Director

USAA ALERT!
Thursday, April 8, 2010 11:55 AM
Your account access has been limited!
Monday, April 12, 2010 7:19 AM
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: An alert E-mail from USAA

Congrats! I won the international lottery last week and hope to get my $20million soon, especially after I sent them a $5000 cashier's check. This comes on the heals of getting my doctorate after receiving an e-mail offer. Life is good.

Joking aside, crooks abound. Reminder to everyone to never ever click on any link in your inbox and circumvent that by going to the website directly. There's some really convincing e-mails out there.

Message 2 of 4
mauve
Valued Contributor

Tragically, my long-lost relative died while overseas and left no indication as to whom to leave his fortune.  Fortunately, his barrister contacted me as I am the only living relative they can find and with just a small deposit and some personal info, I can receive my justly deserved inheritance.  Oh, and that barrister seems to have many dead clients with long lost relatives, because they sent me a 2nd email right after with the same situation for a person with a different name.  So many people, so many long-lost relatives meeting tragic ends!

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
RadioRob
Established Contributor

By the way...  if you're ever curious about if the link is legit or not...  hover over it and you'll see the URL.  If it is not your bank's site, don't visit.

In the post above, the link was to:

173-11-161-82-houston.txt.hfc.comcastbusiness.net/m.html

As you might have already guessed, USAA is not using comcastbusiness to host their site/servers.  Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.