cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

And who says that lenders are tightening their standards?!

tag
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

And who says that lenders are tightening their standards?!

Of my 12 active CCs, six of them issued/will have issued a CLI this month:

1) 6/1 - Was issued my first CLD. Bloomingdales CLD'd from $2300 to $200. I called them and they said that several things bad happened to my CR last month. I authorized them to pull EX and told them to name just one bad thing. They couldn't and increased my CL from $200 to $1500. I didn't want to fight for more, but the CSR told me to call back next month. Net loss = $800

2) 6/2 - Credit One automatically increased my CL from $550 to $650. Had the card for 20 months and had about 80% util on the card at the time. Net gain = $100

3) 6/24 - Clicked the luv button on my National City for a CLI requesting from $3000 to $4000. Cost a hard inquiry on TU. Balance on the CC was at $0 but had been at 90% on avg. for the past many months prior to the request. Net gain = $1000

4) 6/26 - I called Juniper SeaMiles about 18 months ago to try to increase my CL from $400 to whatever. The CSR said it was impossible to increase the CL on that card. So I stewed for a while and even posted in here asking if it was possible and some said the same. Well, I mentioned it a month or so ago and someone said that they got a CLI on their SeaMiles after calling the backdoor number. Well, I called over the weekend and the CSR put me on hold while he checked TU (hard inquiry). I asked for $1500 from $400 and he said that I was an outstanding customer and "congratulations". Net gain = $1100

5) 6/30 - After Bloomies, I was hesitent in calling Macys. I called and talked to the CSR and learned quite a bit. I then requested a CLI on the Macys and she said that they usually give out CLIs in increments of $500. So, I asked for $500. She then retorted that I was approved for $700 and I accepted. CL went from $1800 to $2500. Net gain = $700.

6) 7/1? - I'm on Capital One's Credit Steps program. It has been 3 months since the last CLI from $300 to $750. I think the new CL will go to $1500 (lost letter) and the statement is set to be cut now. Payment was due yesterday and already cleared. Net gain: maybe $750.

So, the CLIs totalled $2850 including the CLD. June was a good month indeed.

Other CCs include BofA, Wachovia, Macys (Special Event), HSBC Discover, Orchard Secured, and Target. BofA saw a $1000 CLI on Tax Day, Wachovia is 10 months old and may be due a CLI, but balance is relatively high since the beginning. I don't want to ask for a CLI on the MAcys (Spec. Evt) because it doesn't report the CL on TU (only high balance). It is impossible to get a CLI on Target. HSBC Discover is only 6 months old. And Orchard is secured and about to go away anyway.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
PayingTheBills
Frequent Contributor

Re: And who says that lenders are tightening their standards?!

As far as the Credit Steps from Cap One, the "total increase will be $700-$1,000."

I got the $300 initial limit, and it is set to increase to $1,000 after the second step completes.  It just went to $750 this month.

Starting Score: 540 EQ 517 TU on 11/17/08
Current Score: 668 EQ 726 TU
Goal Score: 760 EQ 760 TU

My Credit Repair Journal
Message 2 of 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

PayingTheBills wrote:

As far as the Credit Steps from Cap One, the "total increase will be $700-$1,000."

I got the $300 initial limit, and it is set to increase to $1,000 after the second step completes.  It just went to $750 this month.

You know what, you are correct. I had more in my head. I just called them and they confirmed the $1000 and I also requested a CLI, of which they denied. I have seen some Credit Steps beyond the $300-$750-$1000 amounts, though. Oh well. Does anyone know how receptive CapOne is towards those who successfully completed Credit Steps?
Message 3 of 4
heirophant
Established Contributor

I requested 2 increases on my credit steps because i told CSR I wanted to do a balance transfer and didn't have enought available credit.  I also took them up on the balance transfers as a gesture of good faith after receiving the CLI's.  On my credit steps I went from 300-500 automatically, then requested a CLI twice for BT and went to 1000, and am now at 1500, so don't believe the 1000 ceiling.  YMMV
Scores: TU (FICO8): 781, EQ (FICO8): 798, EX (FICO8): 788

In my wallet: Chase Sapphire Preferred: 16,000 | Chase Slate Edge: 8,100 | Bilt World Elite Mastercard: 16,000 | Fidelity Rewards Visa Signature: 8,500 | PenFed Visa Gold: 12,500 | Penfed Pathfinder: 15,000 | Apple Card: 6,500 | Lowe's: 35,000 | Northern Skies FCU Platinum: 15,000 | Kohls: 3,000

Mortgage 11/20
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.