Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annual Fee Waive on QS1?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Annual Fee Waive on QS1?

I had a Cap1 Platinum that Cap1 offered to upgrade to QS1 while still retaining the $19 AF. So of course I upgraded to get the 1.5% CB. My question is, has anyone been successful at having the AF waived on this?

The fee doesnt hit until August but I'm trying to plan ahead. Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Annual Fee Waive on QS1?

Use the chat to ask to PC to the no-AF card. Smiley Happy GL! Or having it waived, of course..
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Kenny! 

Would you suggest waiting until closer to when the AF hits or is it safe to ask for PC now?  IIRC the upgrade to QS was just a couple of months ago.

Message 3 of 12
dropluvnotbombs
Established Member

Contact EO via email, ask if they will remove your AF. I just got mine removed for QS1 and only been with them for 7 months. No luck on PC though. So should be easy for you to get it waived.
Barclays Cash Forward 4k | Chase Freedom 4.5k | Discover It 28.5k | Best Buy Store Card 4k | Paypal $501

FICO 8: EQ 668 | TU 748 | EX 742 | Inquiries: EQ 1 | TU 3 | EX 3 | UTILI: 1%
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

If they waive the fee permanently, the QS1 becomes a defacto QS. Might as well try to get it waived. 

Message 5 of 12
taxi818
Super Contributor

They will just upgrade to QS. Not de facto.   Just tell them. 

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I called in and asked for PC to the No-AF card and they said I have no offers showing on my account. I then requested the AF be waived and they said they can't waive it but if I call in after the AF posts to the account they will credit it back to me. I did request that a note be added to my account so I don't have any issues with the credit and the CSR said she added a note.

Guess I can wait and see how this pans out once the AF hits and I request the credit.

On the other hand I'm wondering if I should contact the EO to ask for permanent fee waive since I've read quite a few posts of people being successful going that route. Thoughts, anyone?
Message 7 of 12
taxi818
Super Contributor

Well I can't say. But I will give you my experience. I also had the qs1. After having for 6 months. And getting cli. That's when they offered upgrade and gave no AF version. As limit was over 3k after then. That is also requirement. What is your limit on qs1.?

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes. Upgrade > Waive.
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Limit is 4k

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.