Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another AMEX APR reduction...!

tag
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Re: Another AMEX APR reduction...!

It does not show for me either but I clicked on I believe it was message (not so sure anymore) and then the offer alternative live chat comes... click on the contact options and at one of these options live chat come up....sorry just did it but do not remember already Smiley Embarassed

just repeated... select secure message, then ask a question and then you will see live chat button

Message 11 of 21
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@lg8302ch wrote:

It does not show for me either but I clicked on I believe it was message (not so sure anymore) and then the offer alternative live chat comes... click on the contact options and at one of these options live chat come up....sorry just did it but do not remember already Smiley Embarassed

just repeated... select secure message, then ask a question and then you will see live chat button

I got it to go finally.  Delta Gold (19.24%) ineligible.  BCE (19.99%) ineligible.  Accounts are 12 and 6 months old.  Makes me feel like I'm doing something wrong with them, Ive never carried a balance with Amex, maybe that's the problem.

Message 12 of 21
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Smiley Embarassed

@B335is wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

I got it to go finally.  Delta Gold (19.24%) ineligible.  BCE (19.99%) ineligible.  Accounts are 12 and 6 months old.  Makes me feel like I'm doing something wrong with them, Ive never carried a balance with Amex, maybe that's the problem.

Sorry to hear. I never carry balances either and have no intention of doing so but set myself the goal to see if I can get APR down to prime with each lender just as a principle. The hardest nut to crack will be Chase because apparently they do not even consider....ha..but this will not prevent me from trying in a few months just for fun ..will try to see if they convert to a Siggy and lower APR. Freedom is my "penalty" APR for the app spree in 2013..22,99% .Smiley Embarassed.No big deal if Chase will not budge ..but an interesting test...LOL

Message 13 of 21
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Thanks for sharing!

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 14 of 21
TrulyyBlessed
Regular Contributor

I've only had my card since 01/2014, but I decided to give it a shot (All they can say is no). It took like 1 minute, and my APR was lowered from 17.24 to 14.24.  Like many with Amex I always PIF, but one never knows what the future will bring. Thanks for the info.

FYI: I have the Amex Hilton HHonors Card.

Starting Score: Nov. 2012 585
Current Score: EQ 733 EX 777 TU 743 Goal Score: 750+

Message 15 of 21
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats!!!!

Message 16 of 21
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Are any of these successes in a promotional period?  In the past we've heard that you have to wait till those end.

Message 17 of 21
stevenngu92
Contributor

I can't catch a break with AMEX in terms of apr. I apped two years ago and got an apr of 22.24% which is still higher than the highest apr of 21.99% if i apped today. I always pif with them so it doesn't matter, but it's still nice to get apr reductions as it lessens my need to ask for clis with other cards Smiley Happy.

note: i asked last month and rep wouldn't lower it even though i was eligible.

Amazon Store Card ($6000) Amex BCE ($10000) Amex PRG (NPSL) BofA Better Balance Rewards ($3000) Best Buy Store Card ($5000) Chase Freedom ($2500) Chase Sapphire Preferred ($7900) Citi Prestige ($5000) Discover It ($10500) Walmart Discover ($6000) Wells Fargo CB ($4700)
Message 18 of 21
TrulyyBlessed
Regular Contributor

@lhcole77 wrote:

Just got off Live Chat with AMEX. Got my APR reduced from 15.24% to 12.24%. Wooo-hoooo!

OP how long did you have to wait between APR reductions?

Starting Score: Nov. 2012 585
Current Score: EQ 733 EX 777 TU 743 Goal Score: 750+

Message 19 of 21
myjourney
Super Contributor

@lhcole77 wrote:

Just got off Live Chat with AMEX. Got my APR reduced from 15.24% to 12.24%. Wooo-hoooo!

Very nice APR reduction congrats 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.