Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Barclay CLD

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Another Barclay CLD

I should add, I believe "too many inquiries" fits the definition of ambiguous perfectly. Since we have no way to quantity too many leaving us with any number of possibilities it becomes ambiguous.
Message 31 of 45
negg
Frequent Contributor

@cmm89 wrote:

I've been lurking on these forums for months, posting occasionally, offering insights rarely, and reading posts. I will never add Barclay's to my wallet. They sound AWFUL. I do read one of these posts every other day it seems.

I hear ya, but these post never tell us the "whole" story.  So many more people with Barclaycard cards that have zero issue with them then the "Barclays screwed me over" threads/people.   Pay your bill every month not just the min payment, don't go on a credit card app binge and won't have any issues.  

CSR.........11,900.......Delta Amex $11,200.........Marriott Rewards Premier $8000.......Discover IT $9700......Citi Preferred $8600.......Chase Freedom $10,800.....Barclay(apple) $11,600......BofA $1500.......Capital One $7400......FNO $9800......Barclay(Hawaiian airlines)$11,000......Citi Costco $15,000. June 1st 2013 0 credit cards and 575 fico. Today 117K in credit and 812 fico and ZERO INQUIRIES......ZERO. 2018 goal. 825 fico.
Message 32 of 45
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Being a credit card forum where , funny as it sounds, we talk credit cards, of all the cards we talk about, of all the credit cards that can and do AA, Barclays does happen to come up more often that not and thats a fact. I agree that many times we never truely get the full story at first, if ever, but there are times when a duck quacking is actually the duck quacking. Smiley Wink
Message 33 of 45
MrsCHX
Valued Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Being a credit card forum where , funny as it sounds, we talk credit cards, of all the cards we talk about, of all the credit cards that can and do AA, Barclays does happen to come up more often that not and thats a fact. I agree that many times we never truely get the full story at first, if ever, but there are times when a duck quacking is actually the duck quacking. Smiley Wink

Exactly. I've been very forthcoming about every app and even denials when I post about them. I don't need to be called a liar because people have to find a "reason". TONS of people get CLDs by Barclays compared to others which is why so many avoid adding a card of theirs. 

I've never just paid the minimum. I use the card as needed but not for daily spend because I get rewards elsewhere that are superior to Barclays.  I had 20 of those inquiries when they issued the card. That's part of rebuilding. Should I be sad that I added $$22,900 in credit after Barclay on majors via 2 AMEX and a Discover? Ha! Nope. I think not. 

Good grief. I see why these boards get picked apart now.

It was an informational post. Is that comprehensible??

I got a CLD.

I wasn't fudging what happened or "not telling the whole story".

I wasn't surprised

I wasn't complaining.

I didn't throw a tantrum or rant and rave how I was going to call them and close my card.

I shook my head and put the letter in the shredder.

I "lost" $300 with my 2nd to lowest balance major card. My world is not ending.

NFCU: $25,000; PenFed Power Cash Rewards: $3,500; PenFed Gold: $2,500; Capital One: $2,300; Nordstrom Visa: $2,000; Credit One: $1,250
Amazon: 800; Kohls: $1,500
Message 34 of 45
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

@AJC ; "but there are times when a duck quacking is actually the duck quacking."

Lol AJC you always crack me up with your 1-2 liners man! And it always makes my day better! Also you're absolutely correct on this one!

On a more serious note...

&OP ;
Sorry again about your CLD MrsCHX and sorry you have to read through all these "Holier than thou", "I'm the Master of the Universe I know them all" condescension from us "so-called" Credit experts. We know you didn't leave out anything much so lied about your story. And we know you were just merely giving out informative testimony of your experience with Barclay and maybe venting out to some degree. A lot of people here at Fico Kingdom are still nice and understanding rest assured.
And if you don't mind MrsCHX, as the OP, I wanna ask our Mods to just please close this thread before it gets nasty again as I've seen happen in a lot of threads.

Best to y'all especially you MrsCHX!
New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 35 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for sharing OP. I just got a Barclays cashforward card after my recent app spree with a 1500 credit line after I called in and made a successful recon. Although I don't have 20 inquires I am up to 10 and I've opened up a few new accounts recently: Citi DC, Marvel MC, Blispay (allthough I don't think they will see it), personal loan, and I just got a new car as well. So I will see if they decide to CLD me. I did already spend 1000 so I got my 200 dollar bonus. I wouldn't be surprised if they cut me down to 1100 or credit limit chase me lol. The funny thing is even after the successful recon they gave me a 15.74 rate which is like my second lowest. My marvel card is at 25% and my Citi DC is at 22.9% haha.
Message 36 of 45
securingourfuture
Established Contributor

I was just CLD on my Barclay Rewards from $7,300 to $500.  OUCH!  I don't use the card much, but I have been racking up debt and inquiries as I prepare to divorce and buy my home.  I had a balance of $198 when my statement cut yesterday, so I logged in and paid it, and called an analyst.  Analyst told me that I can call in to have my reports reviewed in the next 6 months to see if my debt is down.  Realistically, it will be about 18 months before my debt is totally clear.  To avoid any future frustration with Barclays, I closed my card.  They were stingy when my util was 3% and they are doing a CLD while my util is at 21%.  I'm moving on.

8/22/18: BK7 filed EXP 490 TU 430 EQ 429
11/28/18: BK7 discharged EXP 586 TU 578 EQ 527
06/08/21: EXP 656 TU 643 EQ 701
Message 37 of 45
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Nice stories, but please remember to be friendly, supportive and respectful. Let's not respond with one side vs the other posts.
Signature needs updating
Message 38 of 45
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Imperfectfuture wrote:
Nice stories, but please remember to be friendly, supportive and respectful. Let's not respond with one side vs the other posts.

I'm one who usually defends Barclays - I've been with them since 2012 and they've always been great for me, I've had several auto CLIs and have $16.2k in CLs between 2 cards. But I don't doubt the OP or other reports of CLD one bit. I'm slightly nervous as I'm pushing it now, 8 new accounts in the last 2 years, doubling my available credit from $50k to over $100k. I'm done, except for one more, final stages of a $25k Home Equity LOC. But I say only "slightly nervous" as I'm about ready to phase them out, so any CLD I'll just close my cards with them. I like my Rewards MC as I haven't used it for anything other than 2% rewards on utilities in years, but they'll probably phase it out on me, closed to new apps for a year now. And Cashforward - 1.5% rewards doesn't cut it anymore and they $50 redemption level is way too high.

I'll hate losing $16k+ in CLs, but none of their cards appeal to me. I was thinking Ring but with no rewards I'd never use it, and my HELOC will be my go to credit if I need a cash infusion. And all their other cards are travel rewards and I rarely travel. And with Barclays closing out popular cards like Sallie Me & Upromise, I just don't trust them.

Message 39 of 45
Chickenpotpie
Frequent Contributor

OP no blame here.  Its been quite well known that Barclay's does this without rhyme or reason.  Kinda because "they want to".    These types of stories are just reminders that no matter what they offer in the mail, it ain't worth it.

Message 40 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.