Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Barclays Card

tag
ChopperED
Established Member

Another Barclays Card

I was just recently approved for a Barclays Rewards card earlier this month and just received the other day. I know that Barclays can be a hit or a miss when it comes to getting another Barlcays account. I looked at their offerings and noticed most of them, if not all, are either Signature or World MC's, with some having the fine print that if you do not qualify for a world we will give you a platinum (which I got).

My question is this: Are all Barlcays under the same underwriting? Theoretically if you get one, you are eligible for another? I am wanting the Frontier or US Airways card or the Wyndham or RCI card. So would it be prudent to app for one of them (I'd also BT a capital one card into one of them)

Sidenote: I got my first card with them thru the preapproval and thus didn't get offered any of the Arrivals.

Cap 1 Spark
AMEX Delta Gold
AMEX Gold
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Another Barclays Card

My understanding is that for barclays, different cards have different underwriting requirements, unless its for the same card with the only difference being AF or no AF version.

If you are only recently approved, it will be quite a while until Barclays is willing to extend you a 2nd card.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 3
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Another Barclays Card

@enharu wrote:
My understanding is that for barclays, different cards have different underwriting requirements, unless its for the same card with the only difference being AF or no AF version.

Yes, but just to be clearer, this is where there are two versions of the card with AF/no AF options to select different benefit levels.  There are also cards like Rewards, which come in AF/no AF versions, but this is for different levels of credit quality, and of course there the underwriting requirements differ.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.