Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another CareCredit MasterCard Promo

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Another CareCredit MasterCard Promo

I got an email from CareCredit MasterCard that they are offering another spend promo, but unlike the promo from July this one does include in-network purchases as well (i.e. non-MasterCard purchases at a CareCredit provider will qualify).

CareCreditpromoAug.png

I don't know if the offer is targeted, but assuming it's not the spend requirement will likely be within the reach of many.  As a data point I've not used my card since I completed the spend requirement for the July promo. 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Gollum
Established Contributor

Re: Another CareCredit MasterCard Promo

For those who might not know: CareCredit's standard interest rate is 26.99%

https://www.carecredit.com/faqs/#interestrates

Credit Scores: (FICO 8) 846 Experian April 2024, 844 TransUnion March 2024 | (FICO 9) 849 Equifax April 2024
Credit Cards (newest to oldest): NFCU VISA Platinum $25,000 | BECU Cash Back VISA $10,000 | American Express BCE $9000 | Simmons Bank VISA $7500 | Capital One Quicksilver VISA Platinum (PC/upgrade from No Hassle Miles Rewards VISA Platinum) $500
Message 2 of 8
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Gollum wrote:

For those who might not know: CareCredit's standard interest rate is 26.99%

https://www.carecredit.com/faqs/#interestrates

Yep, it sure is.  The card can be a great option for the 0% promos and deals like this, though.

Message 3 of 8
Roger1071549
New Contributor

I got a similar spend offer from them, but mine is $500 spend for 5,000 points. Now, I currently have a 0% promo, so I will not be taking advantage until I pay that off.
Message 4 of 8
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Roger1071549 wrote:
I got a similar spend offer from them, but mine is $500 spend for 5,000 points. Now, I currently have a 0% promo, so I will not be taking advantage until I pay that off.

Oh, this is interesting... apparently the offers vary and are tailored to the cardholder. 

I'm glad to hear there's a 5000 point offer (hopefully I'll get that one at some point as well) but since I'm currently working on meeting the spend requirement for another card I guess it worked out that I got the smaller offer this time around.

Thanks for sharing! Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 8
althes
Frequent Contributor

I would luv to get the mastercard upgrade.

Message 6 of 8
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@althes wrote:

I would luv to get the mastercard upgrade.

I'm still not sure what drives the decision on who they offer it to, and I admit I was actually surprised to get it myself. 

Since Synchrony reports 'upgrades' as brand-new accounts (and the PLCC as closed) I was hesitant to accept it for a couple of weeks but now I'm glad I did.

Message 7 of 8
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Thanks for sharing this! Seems like its targeted offered to some and with different offers too. Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.