cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another CareCredit MasterCard Promo

UncleB

Another CareCredit MasterCard Promo

I got an email from CareCredit MasterCard that they are offering another spend promo, but unlike the promo from July this one does include in-network purchases as well (i.e. non-MasterCard purchases at a CareCredit provider will qualify).

CareCreditpromoAug.png

I don't know if the offer is targeted, but assuming it's not the spend requirement will likely be within the reach of many.  As a data point I've not used my card since I completed the spend requirement for the July promo. 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Gollum
Frequent Contributor

Re: Another CareCredit MasterCard Promo

For those who might not know: CareCredit's standard interest rate is 26.99%

https://www.carecredit.com/faqs/#interestrates

Credit Scores: (FICO 8) 840 Experian May 2021, 844 TransUnion April 2021 | (FICO 9) 843 Equifax May 2021
Credit Cards (newest to oldest): NFCU VISA Platinum $25,000 | BECU Cash Back VISA $10,000 | American Express BCE $3000 | Simmons Bank VISA Platinum $7500 | Capital One No Hassle Rewards VISA Platinum $500
Message 2 of 8
UncleB

@Gollum wrote:

For those who might not know: CareCredit's standard interest rate is 26.99%

https://www.carecredit.com/faqs/#interestrates

Yep, it sure is.  The card can be a great option for the 0% promos and deals like this, though.

Message 3 of 8
Roger1071549
Established Member

I got a similar spend offer from them, but mine is $500 spend for 5,000 points. Now, I currently have a 0% promo, so I will not be taking advantage until I pay that off.
Message 4 of 8
UncleB

@Roger1071549 wrote:
I got a similar spend offer from them, but mine is $500 spend for 5,000 points. Now, I currently have a 0% promo, so I will not be taking advantage until I pay that off.

Oh, this is interesting... apparently the offers vary and are tailored to the cardholder. 

I'm glad to hear there's a 5000 point offer (hopefully I'll get that one at some point as well) but since I'm currently working on meeting the spend requirement for another card I guess it worked out that I got the smaller offer this time around.

Thanks for sharing! Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 8
althes
Frequent Contributor

I would luv to get the mastercard upgrade.

Message 6 of 8
UncleB

@althes wrote:

I would luv to get the mastercard upgrade.

I'm still not sure what drives the decision on who they offer it to, and I admit I was actually surprised to get it myself. 

Since Synchrony reports 'upgrades' as brand-new accounts (and the PLCC as closed) I was hesitant to accept it for a couple of weeks but now I'm glad I did.

Message 7 of 8
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Thanks for sharing this! Seems like its targeted offered to some and with different offers too. Smiley Happy

My rebuild worked for me, but won't necessarily work for you!
BK7 D/C- 08/2013
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.