Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Chase Freedom APR reduction

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Another Chase Freedom APR reduction

Well title says it.. Had the highest on my freedom as was first card with chase at i think 25% approx APR.. Just got a snail mail they lowered it to 17.24% which is the lowest.  Wonder if they are doing this for all Freedom holders and trying to get them to switch to the FU as well, which I won't take them up on that part.  Had Freedom approx 5 years now i think.. I will take it although I dont carry a balance on that card for many obvious reasons.    I suspect we will be seeing a lot more of these in snail mail soon.

20190812_165038.jpg

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Another Chase Freedom APR reduction

Interesting. Currently sitting at 6% due to a promo. But would love to see this go through to my other cards. Although, I am currently a Chase quadfecta owner, so seems doubtful they will target me for a FU upgrade or soemthing. 

Message 2 of 12
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Ya think they are trying to find suckers with good credit into making the switch from Freedom to FU that only use freedom for 5%'s and hoping people aren't quick enough to realize you dont have to upgrade to get the best APR..Granted if not for horrid 5/24 rule (in my eyes) I would also have the FU, but wont give up the regular freedom for the fu..  They make it sound like an upgrade vs. a Product change and good till x date where-as you can just call and PC any time lol...  I have the best rates on my CSR and IHG cards already.  So can't complain other then Chase APR's are already high enough!  Although helps my credit ego a bit

Message 3 of 12
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Hmm, I dont expect to be lowered am at 17.99 and that is due to the 25BPS cut at the federal reserve. Might be targeting the higher interest rate customers who have Ficos above a certain level.

Message 4 of 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Grats CCSmiley Happy a lower APRSmiley Happy Sure beats an Upper GISmiley Wink
Message 5 of 12
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Thats quite a drop! Thats awesome..niceSmiley Happy
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

That’s a very nice drop!

I wonder if they are trying to phase out the Freedom like Citi and the Dividend?

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your APR reduction.  I got the same letter on Saturday after first getting an e-mail a few days earlier.  Like you, there's no way I'd "upgrade" from the Freedom to the Freedom Unlimited.  Then today a received another letter from Chase with BT checks... Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 12
BigBS
Senior Contributor

Got the same letter today.  My APR dropped from 17.24% to 2.99% and I don't plan on the PC to FU either.

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 9 of 12
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@BigBS wrote:

Got the same letter today.  My APR dropped from 17.24% to 2.99% and I don't plan on the PC to FU either.

assume that 2.99 is just temporary apr??

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.