Did you mean: 

Another Chase Freedom APR reduction

tag
BigBS
Senior Contributor

Re: Another Chase Freedom APR reduction

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@BigBS wrote:

Got the same letter today.  My APR dropped from 17.24% to 2.99% and I don't plan on the PC to FU either.

assume that 2.99 is just temporary apr??

That's correct.

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 11 of 12
sjt
Senior Contributor

Re: Another Chase Freedom APR reduction

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Well title says it.. Had the highest on my freedom as was first card with chase at i think 25% approx APR.. Just got a snail mail they lowered it to 17.24% which is the lowest.  Wonder if they are doing this for all Freedom holders and trying to get them to switch to the FU as well, which I won't take them up on that part.  Had Freedom approx 5 years now i think.. I will take it although I dont carry a balance on that card for many obvious reasons.    I suspect we will be seeing a lot more of these in snail mail soon.

20190812_165038.jpg

Congrats!

Hoping they will spread the APR reduction love to current Freedom U cardholders.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.