Did you mean: 

Another Discover Graduation Party! 🥳💃🏽

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another Discover Graduation Party! 🥳💃🏽

I'm a graduate 👩🏽‍🎓!
7 Statements and 1 Day.

Here's another Disco-graduation story for anyone keeping track.
It 'twas a Dark and Scary credit report...🧟‍♀️

Okay, seriously:

Got secured Discover in October. My TransUnion was 589 😱. By November my score was a 610. Today it's 725.
Currently I'm sitting with a clean file. No derogatories, no lates.
I did add several cards.
My scores were really low because I had zero cards and 4 lates on my student loans and 2 other baddies. No other credit. Thin and anemic. 🤒
I was able to clean up the baddies and fixed the lates (they should have been in Forbearance but it had never been applied).
7th statement cut Monday and last night (Tuesday) around 22:40, checked and saw that I had a credit increase.
My original deposit was $200 and I never added to it. After reading others experiences, I surmised that it didn't matter as much as usage and payment history.
Discover gave me a $2,300 increase bringing me to $2,500. 😁
I still have not received an email or letter but I'm assuming an email should be forthcoming.
Heavy usage off and on. Almost always PIF'd. Tried to leave no more than $4 before statement cut, except this last one.
$2,500 isn't a grand amount but it IS unsecured. I'm pretty happy to have a Big Girl's Card with Discover.
I don't think that I need it but would really like to know how soon I can request a CLI post-graduation. Anyone?
31 REPLIES 31
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Another Discover Graduation Party! 🥳💃🏽

Congrats on your graduation 

As far as CLI goes, seeing how they just gave you a sizable one, I'd wait 90 days at least 

It's a SP though, so you can try whenever 

Message 2 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. I was thinking 90 days. That works.
Message 3 of 32
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't think that I need it but would really like to know how soon I can request a CLI post-graduation. Anyone?

First Congrats Graduate!!!!!  CSR told me yesterday to wait 30 days.  You and I got our cards the same time.  "Happy Dance" for you, yay!!

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 4 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats to you, too! 🥳
How much did they graduated you for?
Did you graduate yesterday, as well, or sooner?
--EDIT--- just saw your thread. You graduated yesterday as well. 😊😊
Message 5 of 32
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats to you, too! 🥳
How much did they graduated you for?
Did you graduate yesterday, as well, or sooner?
--EDIT--- just saw your thread. You graduated yesterday as well. 😊😊

Yeah, but you did better than me.  I got 2k versus your 2.5k so that's great plus you didn't pump a lot $ into to it to raise your cl.  I spent 1.5k so I could work with it.  You graduated summa **bleep** laude, hats off to you Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 32
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Well look what got bleeped.....lol!

Message 7 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, but I stretched that $200 like you wouldn't believe.
It felt like I was making a payment to keep it down every other day.
I was also terrified that I wouldn't graduate on-time because got the card declined for pulling it out when I meant to reach for another with a higher limit. 🥴 Literally had one of those "slow motion moments" when I realized too late that I had inserted the Disco into a card reader for something waaay over it's spending limit.
So glad to be out of Secured Land.
Message 8 of 32
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Ha!  I did something similar......I hear ya, we are freeeeeeeee!

Message 9 of 32
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Congrats! That’s a huge CLI for graduation. It’s a SP for CLIs so there’s not much harm in asking whenever you want. However, I would give it a couple months of good use before asking again. You want to stay on Disco’s good side lol 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 10 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.