Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Early Discover Graduation

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another Early Discover Graduation

My 9th statement just cut yesterday and I just got the email tonight that my deposit is being returned!!

I started the card with $1,000 and bumped it to $2,000 a few months later as I was doing a lot of traveling and needed a higher limit for hotels. The past few months I really only used it for eating out so the balance is low and I PIF. So glad to no longer have any secured cards left!

I did try for a CLI but got the 5-7 day notice. I expected this as I'm sure I'm at the limit they would have given me would I had applied for unsecured today.

Starting EQ score was 618, current is 641.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Another Early Discover Graduation

Congrats!

And baddies left on your credit?
Also-did they keep you at your secured limit then? $2k?
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats to you, KF! Wonderful news - very happy for you!  Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!! Discover is on a roll with early graduations!!! 

Message 4 of 10
dallasareaguy
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My 9th statement just cut yesterday and I just got the email tonight that my deposit is being returned!!

I started the card with $1,000 and bumped it to $2,000 a few months later as I was doing a lot of traveling and needed a higher limit for hotels. The past few months I really only used it for eating out so the balance is low and I PIF. So glad to no longer have any secured cards left!

I did try for a CLI but got the 5-7 day notice. I expected this as I'm sure I'm at the limit they would have given me would I had applied for unsecured today.

Starting EQ score was 618, current is 641.

Congrats... my 9th statement cuts on the 27th and I've been using the card as of often as possible and PIF each month as well.

Can you tell me the subject line of the e-mail you got so I can watch for it in my e-mails?

CapOne QS
$10,250

AMEX Delta Gold
$15,000

AMEX BCE
$5,000

AMEX BCP
$1,000

AMEX HHonors
$1,600

Discover it
$2,000
FICO8 Scores:
EQ: 648
TU: 654
EX: 691

(as of 07/15/2017)
Message 5 of 10
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Dallas - probably easier to just login to your account and look to see if your CL changed Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it EQ that they use to decide? If so I am screwed. They pulled EX for me to open it.
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think they like to use EQ in my area.

For those that asked about baddies, my EQ has a couple 60 day lates on student loans that are due to fall off within a year or so. They did keep my limit the same. I saw many people posting about their graduation but only had a $200 deposit (bumped to $500 after graduation, which I think is the minimum for the card. That's why they saw an increase). I wanted to share mine because I haven't anyone with a higher deposit and they didn't seem to be more picky just because of my higher limit.

Message 8 of 10
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

Thanks for sharing your data points, congrats on your early graduation. Keep up the good work and Discover will eventually start to reward you nice increases.
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

My discover it card graduated on my 9th statement as well.  I also received my returned deposit about 1 week later!  I have nothing but good things to say about the it Card!  went from 700 secured to 1k unsecured....hit the love button the same day and added 500 more.   it's my lowest limit card by still fantastic!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.