Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Sears MC offer

tag
CribDuchess
Established Contributor

Re: Another Sears MC offer

So true, AJC, so true!  The APR would most definitely negate any rewards earned.  I think my APR is slightly more than 25% (scary!!).  I'm thankful that we are able to pay the full statement balance by the due date each month.

FICOs: TU08 842 EQ08 850 EX08 850

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex BCE $12K; Apple Card $20K; BofA Travel Rewards Visa Sig $67.6K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom $13K; Chase Freedom Unlimited $21.4K; Citi Costco Visa $19.3K; Citi Double Cash $13.5K; Citi Simplicity Visa $23.3K; Discover IT $50K; Fidelity Visa $25K; NFCU Flagship Visa Sig $40K; NFCU More Rewards Amex $30K; PenFed Plat Rewards Visa Sig $50K; Sears MC $10.1K; US Bank Altitude Go Visa Sig $20K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $26K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K
Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice, all I seem to get are the crappy SYW style offers, even though I de-enrolled my card from SYW and enrolled it in Thank You points as soon as I got it lol
Message 12 of 18
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Yes, one thing people should realize on reward cards, sometimes carry a balance just isnt worth it if you are using it for rewards. Lol, things that make you go hmm?
Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wonder, the emails I get say stuff like 50% cash back 100% cash back etc, but it's all in points and says stuff like must use within 14 days etc. Obviously these are crappy SYW points, but my card only earns thank you points. Any speculation on whether I could try these offers and end up getting all those points as TYP, that never expire so I end up circumventing all the **bleep**ty strings with these offers? I'm not sure exactly what else would happen other than I just wouldn't get any bonus points and it'd all be 1x.
Message 14 of 18
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, no clue F4. I dont have points based anything from Citi so maybe cribduchess has some insightSmiley Wink
Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

AJC ... seems to me I read during the last week (even saw the list) that Sears Holding is closing another 140 stores nationwide! Hmm ... better hurry and spend as this old horse needs to find the "glue factory" ... maybe Montgomery Wards can move over so Sears can join them Smiley Mad  At least the CEO will not go out broke Smiley Sad

Message 16 of 18
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol Dinosaur, the big wigs never suffer. Money is their everything and the ones who suffer are the ones who make them the money. When they close the big Sears here ill know i tr s time to replace this card with a Credit One Nascar cardSmiley Happy
Message 17 of 18
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Monkey Wards makes me nauseous.. they bought out a really good (a bit of everything) chain store known as Lechmere.... and then used the liquidation to pawn off some of their own merchandise that was never sold in that store...... 

Still remember back to a parental unit pulling out an old card there and someone from higher up had to come and ring her up... Old Princess style credit card... in bright orange.. didnt know how to ring up the short card number... and the big old IBM electronic cash registers.. And YES it was still valid when she tried to use it =)

Sigh.. I miss that store... Worst Buy doesn't hold a candle to it...

https://www.bizjournals.com/boston/stories/1997/08/11/editorial2.html

-J

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.