Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Sync AA

tag
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Another Sync AA

Went to pay my CareCredit bill this morning... and I get the dreaded "This account is not eligible for online access...." message... 

Called customer service, apparently my account is under review.. and i am supposed to wait for the letter that was sent out on 9/16.

IF it is a 4506-T request, I WILL send it in - however, I will use whiteout, and change it so that there is NO third party that the data can be released to (wonder what will happen...)

Data points - 5 Sync Accounts - HHGregg, CareCredit ($10800 CL, $604 balance that I was going to pay today, and I need the card for some expensive dental work!!)

Citgo, Amazon , and Old Navy. HHGregg has a $650 12 month no interest balance, but the others are PIF..  Accounts are between 2 and 6 months old

I will update ...

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Another Sync AA

@fltireguy wrote:

IF it is a 4506-T request, I WILL send it in - however, I will use whiteout, and change it so that there is NO third party that the data can be released to (wonder what will happen...)

Sorry to hear, fittireguy. They will close your account(s) if you cross out things on the form and change their form. I wouldn't recommend it if you wish to keep your accounts open.

It sounds as if the closure happened due to opening 5 Synchrony accounts in the last 2-6 months. That's quite a lot, but still not fun to have it happen. Hope it works out for you.

Message 2 of 32
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@fltireguy wrote:

Sorry to hear, fittireguy. They will close your account(s) if you cross out things on the form and change their form. I wouldn't recommend it if you wish to keep your accounts open.

It sounds as if the closure happened due to opening 5 Synchrony accounts in the last 2-6 months. That's quite a lot, but still not fun to have it happen. Hope it works out for you.

If it wasnt for the 0 percent deals with HHGregg and CareCredit.... I wouldnt have opened those 2

My income will match the 4506.... it will exceed actually..

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 3 of 32
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Dang Fltireguy, sorry to hear this. For me it really bad when you are abiding by the rules and paying on time and they still do this. Another concerning thing is your balances. They are not that high. I am currently running a $700 balance on my Sams so it would really be bad if this happened to me. I agrree with Humu that as if now the only real data point that jumps out is the 5 sync accounts within 6 months. I myself opened a couple within a few months last year, didnt know any better as i was and am rebuilding, so i guess it could happen to me. But it seems many of the recent posts concerning possible AA with sync involved multiple new accounts in short time. I wish you the best hope you can resolve thisSmiley Happy
Message 4 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hear that this happened to to you. I myself have been scared straight by posts like yours. I stopped requesting CLI on my Walmart store card and Ebates card. 

I hope everything works out for you.

Message 5 of 32
baller4life
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry to hear that this happened to to you. I myself have been scared straight by posts like yours. I stopped requesting CLI on my Walmart store card and Ebates card. 

This!!! I won't be requesting cli on ANY of my Sync cards. I won't be poking that bear AT ALL!Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@baller4life wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

This!!! I won't be requesting cli on ANY of my Sync cards. I won't be poking that bear AT ALL!Smiley Very Happy

Agreed. I don't plan to request any additional CLI from Synchrony ever, not even when this "blows over."

I also use each of my current Synchrony cards every month, even if for something small. Their usage algorithm and I are going to be friends. Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 32
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Yup, im good with my current limits , should i ever have to close them because im using them , balance or no balance, at least it will give me a lesson on who i can have a proper relationship with. I remember the day where i would love to have the Sams/Walmart mcs, but thats long gone. I got the store cards that serve their purpose for now but im not about to Leonardo myself with no bear! lolSmiley Happy
Message 8 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Yup, im good with my current limits , should i ever have to close them because im using them , balance or no balance, at least it will give me a lesson on who i can have a proper relationship with. I remember the day where i would love to have the Sams/Walmart mcs, but thats long gone. I got the store cards that serve their purpose for now but im not about to Leonardo myself with no bear! lolSmiley Happy

AverageJoes - the Chase AARP Visa card has most of the same benefits as the Sam's Mastercard (it has 3% cash back at restaurants and 3% cash back at gas stations) - you may want to take a look. And you can be any age. Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hear op.....but if you add in the marvel card from your siggy, you actually have 6 Sync cards. That is a lot with ANY one lender. If you add in the time frame, that really makes it stick out. 

I do fault Sync to a degree because they shouldn't have approved all of them. 

Good luck! 

Message 10 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.