Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another card bites the Dust

tag
lolabelle
Regular Contributor

Re: Another card bites the Dust

@bichonmom wrote:

I just really question their CS. Seriously. They *are* losing customers. For every one post on this forum, there are probably many more who don't post. Maybe their CEO ought to read the myFICO forum! Smiley Happy

I'm wondering if they actually have any authority to do anything.   I called them the other day to see if I could do a balance transfer.  They offered me 19.99%.  Really?  I was wanting to do a transfer from a 9.99% card.

They had nothing to offer me.  It's perplexing, to say the least.

Starting Score: 732 (EQ)
Current Score: EQ 08 - 837! Whoo!! (5/14/14);EQ 04 - 795! (5/15/14) 748 (TU - 5/21/12); 760 (EX - 4/16/12 AMEX pull)
Original Goal Score: 760+ EQ --> decimated!
New Goal Score: Just keep swimming...

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 11 of 21
Mike360
Frequent Contributor

I don't get the hate on fees all the time. You knew of the fees when you opened the account. The best buy card is a great card if you get the store card with no fees and good limits. Sorry to hear you got the crappy version.
Message 12 of 21
Chris123nTx
Established Contributor

@clocktick wrote:

^^^

Agreed.  It's our right to close any card we want to whether or not they waive an AF.  I never expect it, just hope it (kind of like hoping for a SP CLI vs. a HP).  I'm willing to bet they receive several calls per day from people not wanting to pay the AF.  I wonder what their customer loss vs. new customer rate is - that would be interesting.  I really don't see what the big deal is - it's in their terms and conditions when we apply.

Several.calls per day? They have millions of customers and how many more new accts with hsbc...it is sure more than just several per day. Thousands per day would be a closer bet i would think.
Message 13 of 21
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Mike360 wrote:
I don't get the hate on fees all the time. You knew of the fees when you opened the account. The best buy card is a great card if you get the store card with no fees and good limits. Sorry to hear you got the crappy version.

I agree, you cant beat the 0% financing!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 14 of 21
clocktick
Valued Contributor

@Chris123nTx wrote:

@clocktick wrote:

^^^

Agreed.  It's our right to close any card we want to whether or not they waive an AF.  I never expect it, just hope it (kind of like hoping for a SP CLI vs. a HP).  I'm willing to bet they receive several calls per day from people not wanting to pay the AF.  I wonder what their customer loss vs. new customer rate is - that would be interesting.  I really don't see what the big deal is - it's in their terms and conditions when we apply.

Several.calls per day? They have millions of customers and how many more new accts with hsbc...it is sure more than just several per day. Thousands per day would be a closer bet i would think.

I meant, per customer service rep.

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Message 15 of 21
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

@Mike360 wrote:

+1 yup....

Message 16 of 21
lithium78
Established Contributor

@Mike360 wrote:

Fees are fine when you have scores in the 500s and you have to take what you can get.  When your scores improve and you have options, there's really very little reason to ever pay an AF unless it's an AMEX.  I prefer my credit cards to pay me for their business instead of the other way around.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Message 17 of 21
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

@lithium78 wrote:

@Mike360 wrote:

Fees are fine when you have scores in the 500s and you have to take what you can get.  When your scores improve and you have options, there's really very little reason to ever pay an AF unless it's an AMEX.  I prefer my credit cards to pay me for their business instead of the other way around.

Why does AmEx get a pass?

Message 18 of 21
aussiesareforever
Established Contributor

@pipeguy wrote:

@lithium78 wrote:

@Mike360 wrote:

Good question

BK in January 2008---Barclay's Apple Financing Card ($10,000) --- Capital One Quicksilver ($13,000)--- Platinum Delta Skymiles ($35,000) --- GEMB CareCredit ($10,000) --- AUFCU ($10000)---Discover IT ($33,000)

Experian 835 Transunion 828-- August 2018
Message 19 of 21
lithium78
Established Contributor

@pipeguy wrote:

@lithium78 wrote:

@Mike360 wrote:

Because their rewards are very generous and more than pay for the AF if you use the card a lot.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.