Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another reason I like us bank/elan

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another reason I like us bank/elan

A few years ago I tried to charge 2k on an amex card and it got declined during a sale. Had the card for 2 years zero balance never late etc. I called in and found out it triggered a financial review so I needed to agree to 2 years taxes. Not a huge deal but took over week to get the card back and be able to use it. Not a huge deal but def a pain 

Fast forward to today. Tried to charge 7k at a furniture and it got declined. Called us bank/elan and they said it was higher than ive spent recently so they wanted to make sure it wasn't fraud. Within 5 minutes my card was ready to use and the charge went through when I trued it the 2nd time. 

Also us bank was nice to deal with and MOD CUT - NOT HERE! 

Not knocking amex but def much better customer service out there at least when in that situation 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Another reason I like us bank/elan

Maybe it had to with your reported income, but I'd dump AMEX in a heartbeat if they asked me for a FR over a 2k charge. 

Message 2 of 5
imaximous
Valued Contributor

It almost seems like CC issues follow you around. 🤷🏻‍♂️
I’ve noticed a few threads with AA being taken on your accounts.
Message 3 of 5
seattletravels
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

A few years ago I tried to charge 2k on an amex card and it got declined during a sale. Had the card for 2 years zero balance never late etc. I called in and found out it triggered a financial review so I needed to agree to 2 years taxes. Not a huge deal but took over week to get the card back and be able to use it. Not a huge deal but def a pain 

Fast forward to today. Tried to charge 7k at a furniture and it got declined. Called us bank/elan and they said it was higher than ive spent recently so they wanted to make sure it wasn't fraud. Within 5 minutes my card was ready to use and the charge went through when I trued it the 2nd time. 

Also us bank was nice to deal with and MOD CUT - NOT HERE! 

Not knocking amex but def much better customer service out there at least when in that situation 

Lenders are clearly spooked by something happening with your profile.  Have you checked your reports recently to make sure everything is in order? 

Last App: BECU 02-26-2020
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

The big thing that scared them according to chase was high credit lines. I had over 300k which ill never get that high again. It put me in a potential risk category even though I paid on time and had decent scores. 

I've def learned what not to do during times like these. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.