cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anxious / Excited about my credit steps coming up!

tag
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Anxious / Excited about my credit steps coming up!

Could potential take another couple of statements.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Statement cut 2 days ago and still nothing Smiley Sad ?????

Not sure what you mean by that comment. Could you clarify?

My statement cut on the 9th and I'm still not seeing an increase.

The rep I spoke with said my account was set to get the credit steps increase after 5 statements with no late payments. The 9th made my 5th statement, but I paid the entire balance before the statement cut, so I wonder if it's not being triggered by a payment since I can't make one being that the balance is PIF?

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Statement cut 2 days ago and still nothing Smiley Sad ?????

Not sure what you mean by that comment. Could you clarify?

My statement cut on the 9th and I'm still not seeing an increase.

The rep I spoke with said my account was set to get the credit steps increase after 5 statements with no late payments. The 9th made my 5th statement, but I paid the entire balance before the statement cut, so I wonder if it's not being triggered by a payment since I can't make one being that the balance is PIF?

Ahhh, Have you been proactive in seeking a CLI or are you simply waiting for your auto increase?

These cards in the STEPS program are set up to give the auto increase at the 6mth statement BUT you can actually squeeze 2 out of them by actively addressing the issue. Call or chat with them today.

You alone are your best advocate and in this situation you need to take your credit future in your own hands. YOU must act on your behalf because it's your credit freedom and future you are concerned with. They are not at all interested in your success and will not go above and beyond what they offer initially.

Now go get after it!!!

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

When was your card opened? You might be expecting it a little early, not sure.

My credit steps increase was at 6 months (back in December, opened in June). I also thought it was 5 on-time payments, so that would mean 6 statements would need to cut. I might be wrong in that wording though.
Message 14 of 17
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

I hope they're good to you.  When I was in credit steps I received a $1k bump after second statement cut and hitting the luv button.   My actual steps increase was only $500 after the 6th statement cut...and that's after I had put a ton of usage on the card.  Didn't really understand it...but it wasn't long after that I was approved for my VentureOne cards and then regular Venture after that.  Good luck to you...

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Already increased at 3 months. Called about credit steps, rep said five statements.

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Already increased at 3 months. Called about credit steps, rep said five statements.

Ahhhhh, you already received your 1st one and you're waiting for your STEPS AUTO CLI!!!

If I miss understood that I'm sorry. Your STEPS one should be $500 as that seems to be the standard no matter how much the early one was.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.