cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anxiousely waiting for PenFed decision...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anxiousely waiting for PenFed decision...

firstinlastout wrote:
do i call their main number or their credit department ?

Main number should get you there.

I had to call in about 4 hrs after I applied so they could verify identity. I called and she walked me through the rest, pin number, etc.

You can check the status of the cc app by clicking on 'manage your account' then 'check loan applications'
Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh my God...just got off the phone with them. I recently changed my mailing address to a UPS box address since I will be moving soon, so they told me to verify some stuff on my credit report that only I would know. And then the long 3 minute intterogation started......They wanted to  know what credit cards I have, the minimum monthly payments, DOB, email address, drivers license number, balance on this card...mastercard or visa (which I don't remember at all...I never remember that). blah blah blah.

They told me to call tomorrow to find out the status. Very nice CSR.....I mean very nice.  I am from South Florida and people are not so nice here, so it was a refreshing change. We shall see ! will keep updated.
Message 12 of 19
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Good luck. See? Smiley Happy
Message 13 of 19
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Fingers crossed for you!

PenFed is very conservative, relatively speaking, with their money, and I like that in my CCC's. I'm happy knowing that my APR's aren't going to suddenly triple, and that I won't suddenly get CLD'd, not through any fault of my own, but because a bunch of three-piece-suits tried to out-macho each other with risky financial deals.

If they like your finances, and your credit reports are not too stinky, they'll take you. If they're asking your financials, that's generally good, indicating that they're trying to figure out what CL to give you.

Hang in there! It's not all about instant gratification, you know. Smiley Wink Hope it all works out for ya.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nobody seems to understand, you cannot access your account/loan status WITHOUT a membership number. I did not receive one in the mail yet !
Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah...thanks Small Fry. That "CALL NOW" thing was like an order...so I sprang up and did it.
Message 16 of 19
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

Nobody seems to understand, you cannot access your account/loan status WITHOUT a membership number. I did not receive one in the mail yet !

We understand that you can't access your account online without an account number. I went crazy when my daughter app'd with BofA, because she did it over the phone, and they didn't have her e-mail address, so she (I) couldn't check online, and she refused to call before the 10 days were up! Smiley Very Happy (She got the card.)

But PenFed is great for phone service. They were able to funnel me around in the early days, and I had a bunch of wacko questions.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

It took them 6 days for a decision on a recon fax and another 5 days for a second application. Talk about being anxious... Smiley Tongue
Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, it's been 48 hours since I applied with PenFed. I called them today and they told me that it is still pending. They told me that their decisions are made out of their Eugene, OR office and that it's only 1pm over there and that he thinks they may make a decision today. I am in Florida, so there is a 3 hour difference obviousely. Will keep you updated !
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.