Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Advice?

tag
Andy77
Valued Contributor

Any Advice?

So, I really want to get a CLI on my Citi credit card...here is the lowdown...

I filed for bk and it was discharged Sept 2009

I got the citi secured card at that time Sept 2009 with a CL of 200.00

I had the card for the 18 months secured, then it unsecured and credit limit stayed at 200

Since then, I used the card, PIF, never later, never over CL.

The denial reasons for the CLI are "serious deliquincy on credit file or bk"

My scores are Fako Experian 612 with 14 inq

Fako Equifax through My Fico 623 12 inq

Credit Karma Transunion 674 13 inq

Everyone says the magic number to get approved for Citi or a pime card is 8 years after bk,

but do you think I will have to wait that long before I will get an increase on my current Citi card?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Re: Any Advice?

Maybe you should open another secured card with a limit that meets your spending needs.    It might be a faster way to get to higher limits.   

Otherwise patience, but I don't think you have to wait 8 years.  

Message 2 of 9
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

forget about the city....you should apps for some Credit Union credit card but if they do decline you......then you still can go for their secure card for another 6 mon to 1 years but i guess put down about 1000 for the minium is da best case Smiley Very Happy

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 3 of 9
Andy77
Valued Contributor

I want Citi increase because Citi is my bank.  I run about 7k to 11k through my accounts a month.  I have been with them 11 years.

I decided I am going to write a letter to the address on the denial letter and just say....Citi is my bank, I run x amount of $ through my accounts per month, I have had this credit card account for 3 years and I had to file my bk for medical reasons because my father had cancer and considering Citi is my bank I would like to know they will work with me, not against me...

So I am sure this letter will do nothing, but thought it could not hurt

Message 4 of 9
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Even if they quadruple your limit you'd still be under 1K.

Is there any reason you can't finagle some of that 7-11K monthly spend and get a 2K+ secured card?  Out of curiosity, how long did it take for your Citi secured to graduate, even though it was likely several years ago?

        
Message 5 of 9
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

@Andy77 wrote:

So, I really want to get a CLI on my Citi credit card...here is the lowdown...

I filed for bk and it was discharged Sept 2009

I got the citi secured card at that time Sept 2009 with a CL of 200.00

I had the card for the 18 months secured, then it unsecured and credit limit stayed at 200

Since then, I used the card, PIF, never later, never over CL.

The denial reasons for the CLI are "serious deliquincy on credit file or bk"

My scores are Fako Experian 612 with 14 inq

Fako Equifax through My Fico 623 12 inq

Credit Karma Transunion 674 13 inq

Everyone says the magic number to get approved for Citi or a pime card is 8 years after bk,

but do you think I will have to wait that long before I will get an increase on my current Citi card?

my bk was in 2005....stat line in diggy....YMMV....as to approvals before 8 yr mark.....there are a lot of factors...ie ....length on acounts, what you have done since the bk.......my cards stated coming in right at around the 2 to 3 yr mark......good luck.......

Message 6 of 9
Andy77
Valued Contributor

I am writing the president of Citi, CC'ing the Executive Review Team, and my branch.  

The letter I sent to Vikram I sent UPS Next Day overnight so he should get or his secretary should get or the trash can should get the letter to NYC tomorrow morning.

I sent the same letters to Executive Review Team & Credit Services.

It is my hope that the other departments will see  I sent the letter to the president it will do something, but I am not counting on it.  

I just said you know if I am going to one day invest my inheahitance with Citi and if they won't work with me now, why should I invest a large sum of money with them, when other banks will work with me.

I will let you all know what the outcome is.

Message 7 of 9
Andy77
Valued Contributor

I got a call from jodi.r.lang,  Executive Assistant to the President of CitiCard, she said she would review my account and see what she could do.

I will keep you informed!!

Message 8 of 9
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Andy77 wrote:

I got a call from jodi.r.lang,  Executive Assistant to the President of CitiCard, she said she would review my account and see what she could do.

I will keep you informed!!

Fingers crossed!!!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.