Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any BCE --> BCP upgrade offers?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any BCE --> BCP upgrade offers?

I remember a year or so ago getting an offer via email and also when logging into my account on Amex to upgrade my BCE to BCP and it came with a $150 or $200 bonus for doing so.  Has anyone seen this offer or anything similar recently?  I was reworking the numbers and currently the BCP would actually yield me enough additional CB over the BCE to justify the AF, so if there was a bonus to go along with it for me it would become a no-brainer.

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
Andypanda
Established Contributor

Re: Any BCE --> BCP upgrade offers?

Last may my bce turned 1 year old, got an $150 for $1,000 (i think or it could have been $1,500) spend to upgrade to bcp. Had typical 3 mnth time frame. Took the offer,

Message 2 of 26
ficosuave
Contributor

Got the offer last month. Second upgrade bonus on this account. $150 for $1k spend and annual fee waived. Previous upgrade was $300 without annual fee waiver.

Message 3 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cool, so it sounds like those offers are still floating around.

Did you get the offer via email, or was it one of those in your face pop-ups when logging into your account?

Message 4 of 26
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Did you get the offer via email, or was it one of those in your face pop-ups when logging into your account?

Hey BBS, I actually asked Amex about this not too long ago. I had the offer 1.5-2 years ago and not since. Apparently, they said the offer appears when I am spending on the card. My card had little use last year and most of the first half of this year. Since then, I have shifted a lot more spend that would normally fall to my Chase FU over to it in hopes of getting the offer to pop up again. After some decent spend on it, I finally got the offer to come back ~1 month ago...but currently it has no upgrade bonus attached so it'd be a 1:1 with no goodies attached. I've decided to wait and spend some more on it (every car fix or home project has been landing on it) in hopes of triggering a bonus for spending X amount for cashback. 

"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MCMust garden until 2/1/2022 to hit my goal AAOA. Smiley Indifferent
Message 5 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good info, thanks.  My spend on BCE has been fairly consistent over the last few years, back when I was getting the offer with bonus and now.  There are entire quarters when my BCE spend drops to $0 though, when Discover or Chase gives 5% on groceries.  During those months I do try to throw a couple of gas purchases on the card for good measure, but that's minimal.  I wonder if during the months I was seeing those BCP offers were during times that I wasn't using the Discover/Chase cards.  I guess I could dig back through emails and try to reference those dates against the spend on those 2 other cards to see when I have time.

Currently all I see when I log into my account if I go under offers regarding the BCP is the standard upgrade with no incentive pictured below:

amex.jpg

Message 6 of 26
blindambition
Senior Contributor

They seem to pop up when there's heavier usage. Either $150 on 1k spend and first year waived, or $250 on 1k spend and no waived AF.

Message 7 of 26
Andypanda
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I got on the my account page when I logged in.

Message 8 of 26
PutThatMoneyOnTheTable
Established Contributor

Captureamex.PNG

I have the offer to upgrade. 

Amex BCP $35k
Chase FU $19.6k
BOA Cash Rewards $36k
BJs Perks Plus M/C $22k
Cap1 QS $4,950 (AU)
Best Buy $4k
Wells Fargo Active Cash $11.3
Message 9 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@PutThatMoneyOnTheTable wrote:

I have the offer to upgrade. 

What sort of monthly spend is your BCE seeing currently / on average?

Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.