cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Balance Transfer card that can beat this?

tag
JoshNurse
Frequent Contributor

Any Balance Transfer card that can beat this?

• $0 balance transfer fee - introductory offer!
  • 0% Introductory APR for 15 months on purchases and balance transfers

Does this mean if I had $10,000 in debt and I used this card to pay all that debt.  I can then pay off the $10,000 with no interest in 15 months or less?

No interest would be charged, no tricks? It just seems to good to be true.  I can pay off my moms debt.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Any Balance Transfer card that can beat this?

You sure can but check to see if there's a BT fee

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 12
JoshNurse
Frequent Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

You sure can but check to see if there's a BT fee

This card says $0 balance transfer fee.  It just sounds to good to be true to pay off debt.  Any tricks that these cards use?

Message 3 of 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@JoshNurse wrote:

Does this mean if I had $10,000 in debt and I used this card to pay all that debt.  I can then pay off the $10,000 with no interest in 15 months or less?

No interest would be charged, no tricks? It just seems to good to be true.  I can pay off my moms debt.

Yup, Chase Slate is pretty much the best out there with no bt fee and 15 months!

Message 4 of 12
cobbson
Regular Contributor

@JoshNurse wrote:

The zero BT fee is for the first 60 days, after that it is 3% / $5 minimum. Slate is about as good as it it gets for a BT card. But don't forget, you still have to make the monthly minimum payment.

Message 5 of 12
JoshNurse
Frequent Contributor

@cobbson wrote:

@JoshNurse wrote:

The zero BT fee is for the first 60 days, after that it is 3% / $5 minimum. Slate is about as good as it it gets for a BT card. But don't forget, you still have to make the monthly minimum payment.

All transfers would be done within the 60 days and the total would be divded by 10 months and paid every month with no miss.

Message 6 of 12
JoshNurse
Frequent Contributor

Is it 0 transfer fee for first balance transfer or 0 fee for any within 60 days?

Message 7 of 12
Ashhh1991
Established Member

Keep in mind that they may not give you the credit line you desire.

I applied for the Slate to pay off about $3000 debt. They only approved me for $500, and that was after a recon call.
Luckily, I had $7000 credit line on another Chase card. I was able to move some of the credit line to the Slate to transfer the balance.

For a long term Balance Transfer card, I like the BarclayCard Gold.

It has $0 Annual and Balance Transfer fee, and 8% APR.

TU Fico: 709 8/5
Auto Loan: Chase 11.9k/16.9k, 4.99% APR, $507.28/mo
CC: BoA BBR 6.1k, Slate 4k, Sapphire 3.5k, Citi TYP 3.2k Fidelity Amex 3k, QuickSilver 3k, SallieMae 3k, WF Cashback 2.8k, Citi DP 2.4k, Arrival 2.25k, Amex BCE 2k, Discover IT 1.5k.
Message 8 of 12
Ashhh1991
Established Member

@JoshNurse wrote:

Is it 0 transfer fee for first balance transfer or 0 fee for any within 60 days?

It's 0 transfer fee for any transfers. I've done 5 transfers so far. No fee charged.

TU Fico: 709 8/5
Auto Loan: Chase 11.9k/16.9k, 4.99% APR, $507.28/mo
CC: BoA BBR 6.1k, Slate 4k, Sapphire 3.5k, Citi TYP 3.2k Fidelity Amex 3k, QuickSilver 3k, SallieMae 3k, WF Cashback 2.8k, Citi DP 2.4k, Arrival 2.25k, Amex BCE 2k, Discover IT 1.5k.
Message 9 of 12
chrisw1968uk
Frequent Contributor

Yup - I got a Slate and transferred a balance to it, it took about a week or so, but no fees whatsoever - 0% for 15 months and 0 BT fees is pretty tough to beat

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.