cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any CU's That Will Overlook An Old Collection?

tag
jbh
Established Contributor

Any CU's That Will Overlook An Old Collection?

Hey,

Just wondering if you know of any CU's that would give a person with 658+ score (keep in mind, this is before my util was paid from 60+% to 5%, which updates in a few days) with 1 old collection (utility)?

No bk's, lates/etc. In November, I'll have 2 cc accounts hitting 1 year and 6 months along with an 8 year positive auto loan. Should I just scrap the idea of getting started with a cu and wait 6 more months and wait for it to clear (may 09) or do you think it's not as much of a big deal? I just don't want to burn inq's if I do not have to (I have 3 in 2 years)

Thanks.

PS. This is for EQ
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

Re: Any CU's That Will Overlook An Old Collection?

Try Alliant. Your score is not bad and they are BK friendly (I know you don't have one though). They worked with DW and I when we applied.

I had a utility collection on my report when I app'ed. You have two cards over a year old with good history and a positive auto loan. Sounds good enough to me.

Jax
App free for 24 days since 3rd NASA denial.

Message Edited by jaxstraw on 09-03-2008 02:53 PM
Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Message 2 of 3
jbh
Established Contributor

Re: Any CU's That Will Overlook An Old Collection?

Thanks, Jack (though one will have 6 months, the other 1 year) Smiley Wink

I'll see what my score is for EQ in a few days when my new utility % hits. I appreciate the tip.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.