cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Chance for unsecured CC w/NFCU w/ recent (6 months old) lates?

tag
lmfields84
Regular Contributor

Any Chance for unsecured CC w/NFCU w/ recent (6 months old) lates?

Just wanted some opinions... we have been working really hard and have paid off and had every one of our collections removed- but there is still an elephant in the room... the VERY spotty payment history on my husband's student loan.  The most recent late was 6 months ago- but there are a lot of them from a year or so ago also... just fell on some hard times and have since gotten ourselves together.  Any chance NFCU will approve us for ANYTHING (CC, personal loan, refi) with this one lingering issue?  I am super nervous!

Our 2014 Rebuilding Log- Check Out Our Progress!
In Our Wallet: NFCU Cash Rewards $14k | NFCU LOC $15k | NFCU LOC $12k | NFCU Platinum Visa $8.5k | NFCU Platinum MC $1k Discover IT $1400 | Walmart Store Card $1.4k | Synchrony $1k | ToysRUs $500
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: Any Chance for unsecured CC w/NFCU w/ recent (6 months old) lates?

What's your Equifax score? They are very generous with those of us with less than perfect credit. I had 4 CO's and a 598 score when I got my Cash Rewards card with a $3k limit.
Message 2 of 5
lmfields84
Regular Contributor

581 after an unfortunate 40 point tumble after a dispute gone wrong... ugh!  Should regain those points in June when the disputed item is due to fall off anyways... Hoping to regain those points sooner after this collection is removed- it is the ONLY collection/derog other than those lates- and is showing as open ($883) and less than a year old... am I being too optimistic here to think I may see 40 points for that?

In Our Wallet: NFCU Cash Rewards $14k | NFCU LOC $15k | NFCU LOC $12k | NFCU Platinum Visa $8.5k | NFCU Platinum MC $1k Discover IT $1400 | Walmart Store Card $1.4k | Synchrony $1k | ToysRUs $500
Message 3 of 5
baller4life
Super Contributor

Not at all. You could certainly regain those points and some depending on how the rest of your file looks. Personally, I would wait till next month when that is resolved to give yourself the best possible chance at approval and a nice limit!
Message 4 of 5
lmfields84
Regular Contributor

I want to, but it is kinda complicated- EX says this will come off in June, EQ says July, and Lord knows it will probably be the END of those months respectively before it happens... my husband has been waiting a while and really wants to refi (22%- OUCH!), and I do too, but also have my eye on that CC so we can really start building!  The rest of his file contains 2 very old (10 years or so) paid/closed/never late CC's from Chase and Cap1, a current/never late auto loan, 3 paid/closed (positive) student loan accounts and the one rehabbed loan (the one we are trying to get removed) that had 120 day lates from 6 years ago.  No CO's, nothing else.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.