Any Cool NEW CARDS coming out?!

tag
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

Re: Any Cool NEW CARDS coming out?!

@Anonymous wrote:

@coreysw12 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It's pretty quiet right now which is making it really easy to garden. 

Yep, it's a great time to work on getting under 5/24 right now if anyone's been looking for a new chase card in the near future.

I'm only 4/24, but in april I'll be 1/24 if I don't get anything new before then, and lately it seems exceedingly unlikely that I'll get anything new before then.

I'm still 19/24... 😅 Gotta wait til 9/2021 before I'm 4/24 (actually will be 1/24 10/2021 so I can add 3 cards between then and now). 

Only immediate plans are US Bank Cash+. 

Smiley LOL 278-days until I am 2/12 for US Bank Cash+ - or if I go for the gusto - 582-days until I am 4/24 for the Chase FF! Smiley LOL OMG, the wait Smiley Frustrated Hopefully USB will be nice to me beforehand since I am now a customer of theirs 2x's now since my denial earlier this year and send me a mailer! Smiley Very Happy

Potential Future Cards
Message 11 of 45
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

@Wavester64 @Anonymous   LOL *fingers crossed* for you both XD

Message 12 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Wavester64 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@coreysw12 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yep, it's a great time to work on getting under 5/24 right now if anyone's been looking for a new chase card in the near future.

I'm only 4/24, but in april I'll be 1/24 if I don't get anything new before then, and lately it seems exceedingly unlikely that I'll get anything new before then.

I'm still 19/24... 😅 Gotta wait til 9/2021 before I'm 4/24 (actually will be 1/24 10/2021 so I can add 3 cards between then and now). 

Smiley LOL 278-days until I am 2/12 for US Bank Cash+ - or if I go for the gusto - 582-days until I am 4/24 for the Chase FF! Smiley LOL OMG, the wait Smiley Frustrated Hopefully USB will be nice to me beforehand since I am now a customer of theirs 2x's now since my denial earlier this year and send me a mailer! Smiley Very Happy

Gotta be 1/12, not 2/12. 

I have 29 days as of today. 

Message 13 of 45
Citylights18
Valued Contributor

The trend seems to be more 5% cash back categories. No issuer goes in with a full 5% card of course (3% is the extreme maxium).

I'm a big believer of trying to retool my lineup to lower AFs and more business cards over personal. In the past I made a lot of tactical additions to my lineup. For instance I knew I was about to go on vacation and drop a bunch of money so I'd try to slip in a new card to take advantage. Now with a WoH and AMEX Green I don't feel the urge to break out something new for a trip. CFU is now 5% on flights which is a solid 10% RTR in addition to the airline miles which are usually 5x points (about 7%).

Not that many cards can be useful to me at this point however I don't have any business cards so that is kind of my target more than anything else just to build my business AoA.

1) AMEX Business Hilton AF $95 (solid 3.6% gas card, priority pass select, gold elite for status matching)

2) Delta Gold Business Card AF $0 year 1/AF $95 (good ecoystem for my AMEX points, low AF airline card)

3) Jan 2021 Citi American Airlines Advantage $0 year 1/AF $99 (65,000 bonus points)

Then what I am looking to do in January is PC my personal Citi AA card when the AF comes due to a Citi Rewards+. This way it lowers my AF on my personal lineup to $438 and transferring it to my business lineup where its easier to interpret as a sunk cost. 3 buisness cards should be enough to seed the business credit garden.

There is the points/perks aspects about cards but can they move you ahead financially? Purely scalping points isn't the end all. You'll end up with more points than what you can use.

Official travel point totals as of 12/26/23 (1,382,693 Total Points)
Chase Ultimate Rewards 661,525 | IHG One Rewards 144,443 | Hilton Honors 143,801 | AMEX Membership Rewards 102,729 | World of Hyatt 90,413 | Marriott Bonvoy 65,343 | Citi Thank You 62,712 | Wells Fargo Rewards 33,652 | Southwest Rapid Rewards 28,105 | United MileagePlus 13,316 | British Airways Avios 12,333 | Jet Blue TrueBlue 11,661 | NASA Platinum Rewards 1,883 | AA Advantage 1,744 | Navy Federal Rewards 792 | Delta Sky Miles 175 | Virgin Atlantic Virgin Points 100 | Lowes Business Rewards 6,992 ($69.92) | Amazon Rewards 475 ($4.75) | Discover CB 499 ($4.99)
Message 14 of 45
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Nothing OTBP I've seen. Only other card I know is coming is US Bank Altitude Connect.

Message 15 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Some have gardened, harvested, composted and turned over the soil again and just waiting to plant an app. Im looking to see what comes out next and it will be interesting, but I don't really app unless its something I'm really interested in. My last big interest in a new product was 2 years ago with Propel. 

Message 16 of 45
notmyrealname23
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@coreysw12 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm somewhere between LOL/24 and ROTFLMAO/24 until Q1 2022. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(Basically, now that AMEX has me in their good graces again I've blown being under 5/24 for a year or so- my Chapter 13 wasn't going to let me get a Chase card before then no matter what, so I went wild in 2019. The possible Chase slots for 2020 are now used by AMEX. I ain't even mad, though.)

First Tech FCU Choice Rewards World MC 35k | AMEX Hilton Aspire 17.5k | Chase Southwest Priority Visa 15.5k | AMEX Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant 15k | Bilt Rewards MC 14k | Capital One Venture X 13k | Fidelity VISA Signature 11.5k | Citi AA Platinum Select 11.9k | Charles Schwab AMEX Platinum NPSL | Amex Platinum (I know) NPSL | Amex Gold NPSL | Citi Premier 8.9k | Chase Fredom Unlimited 9k | SoFi MC World Elite 8k | Capital One SavorOne 7.5k | PayPal Synchrony MC 6.4k | Citi Custom Cash 6.9k | DiscoverIt Cashback 5k | Amazon/Synchrony 5k | Hotels.com 5k | AMEX Delta Gold 3k | Apple Card 3k | Target 800 | Ch 13 filed 12/13 discharged as paid 1/19
Message 17 of 45
Aim_High
Super Contributor

Given the economic climate, I'm kind of surprised to see as much activity and new products as we have seen!  Off the top of my head, since the coronavirus pandemic, we've seen ...

• AOD FCU introduced "new" 3% uncapped uncategorized Visa Signature
  • US Bank introduced the "new" Altitude GO with 4x points on Dining, takeout, and delivery ... plus more
  • Synchrony introduced the Verizon Visa with 4% on Gas and Groceries ... plus more
  • Chase enhanced the Freedom Unlimited and introduced the new Freedom Flex with 5% on travel booked through Chase ... plus more

And those are just a few that come to mind!   Other examples anyone?   

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$850K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Aug 2023)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 18 of 45
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Wavester64 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@coreysw12 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Gotta be 1/12, not 2/12. 

282-days until 1/12. Smiley Surprised The benefit of apping for a lot of cards at once is that they all scroll off at the same time Smiley LOL

Potential Future Cards
Message 19 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Wavester64 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Wavester64 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@coreysw12 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Gotta be 1/12, not 2/12. 

282-days until 1/12. Smiley Surprised The benefit of apping for a lot of cards at once is that they all scroll off at the same time Smiley LOL

Don't I know it. I tended to app in groups of three 😂 

Message 20 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.