Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Cool NEW CARDS coming out?!

tag
Kforce
Valued Contributor

Re: Any Cool NEW CARDS coming out?!

@Aim_High wrote:

Given the economic climate, I'm kind of surprised to see as much activity and new products as we have seen!  Off the top of my head, since the coronavirus pandemic, we've seen ...

• AOD FCU introduced "new" 3% uncapped uncategorized Visa Signature
  • US Bank introduced the "new" Altitude GO with 4x points on Dining, takeout, and delivery ... plus more
  • Synchrony introduced the Verizon Visa with 4% on Gas and Groceries ... plus more
  • Chase enhanced the Freedom Unlimited and introduced the new Freedom Flex with 5% on travel booked through Chase ... plus more

And those are just a few that come to mind!   Other examples anyone?   

+ 100

This year has been better than most for cashback cards.

As a cashback card user, a good year.

Message 21 of 45
coreysw12
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Don't I know it. I tended to app in groups of three 😂 

Me too, I'll be 4/24 until April, but in May I'll be 1/24. Which will be good because there just so happens to be 3 more Chase cards in my wishlist Smiley Wink

Total Loan Balance: $43k / $65k

Total SL: $78k

United 1K - 725,000 lifetime flight miles    |    Chase Status: 4/24
Message 22 of 45
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

@Aim_High     My curiousity is more for NEW NEW things not Known people coming out with Newer or pretty impressive cards, people know about Amex, they know about US Bank, Synch, Chase etc.....But is there anyone popping up (showing their head) like HEY I have something to add to this pool!?      That's what is intriguing to me at this moment.      Are there any FRESH FACES out there with something new that people haven't heard of?!   ^^

Message 23 of 45
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Girlzilla88 wrote:

@Aim_High     My curiousity is more for NEW NEW things not Known people coming out with Newer or pretty impressive cards, people know about Amex, they know about US Bank, Synch, Chase etc.....But is there anyone popping up (showing their head) like HEY I have something to add to this pool!?      That's what is intriguing to me at this moment.      Are there any FRESH FACES out there with something new that people haven't heard of?!   ^^

Well, with that definition you are probably looking at small CUs that are still not firmly geo-fenced, with AOD and USAlliance being the examples from earlier this year.    Basically it takes someone in the area to see the new offer and post!   So everyone, take a look now at your local CUs

Message 24 of 45
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker    This is also true it may end up being something local or Web-based Bank type of deal....but in that case if it is a local CU it may be restricted to who can actually get in with them (you may have to be local in order to get an account or card) .....Still I would be fascinated to know and it may help people in your area too that might be a neat thread/post to do, like put a local Bank/CU and post your State so people can search through and find cards they might benefit from from their state .......*already starts typing out post in my head* LOL

Message 25 of 45
coreysw12
Valued Contributor

There are often ways in which people outside the market of a local CU can still get an account with them. For example, I've got a PSECU (Pennsylvania State Employees Credit Union) account, and I've never even been to Pennsylvania, let alone worked for them. I live in CA. But they offered (at least, at the time) eligibility for people who were members of some random nonprofit association, and anyone could join the association by filling out a form and sending in a $5 fee. Also NFCU comes to mind, where all you really need is a familial relative from something like the last 3 generations who's served in the military, which applies to almost anyone whose family didn't recently immigrate here.

So it's still worthwhile sharing local CU offers even when they have seemingly tight eligibilty requirements, so people can determine for themselves whether or not there's a way they can become eligible.

Total Loan Balance: $43k / $65k

Total SL: $78k

United 1K - 725,000 lifetime flight miles    |    Chase Status: 4/24
Message 26 of 45
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

Rumor about SoFi releasing a 2% card with other categories for more.

card is definitely coming soon, but the rewards structure is just speculation 

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 27 of 45
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

Various smaller credit unions have 2% flat rate cards now, or 3% gas and grocery cards.  Is that what you're looking for?  The big players in travel cards are the same few large banks (Amex, Chase, Citi, Capital One, Barclays, Bank of America, and Wells Fargo), and we all know what they're doing because they reward the bloggers for publishing it.  Nobody here has a secret "new cool card," because if they did, it would quickly be all over the internet, and you wouldn't have to ask.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 28 of 45
ccquest
Established Contributor

FordPass Rewards card just came out this month, if you stick to topping out with $6k spend per year on the card, it's effectively 3.3% cash back PLUS the other perks in points they give you (towards Ford stuff obviously, like oil change and discount on vehicles).
as of 1/1/23
Current Cards:
Message 29 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you're 19/24 and still maintaining the scores in your signature, you are something (someone) to be envied. What's your AAoA at this point? 

@Anonymous wrote:

@coreysw12 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It's pretty quiet right now which is making it really easy to garden. 

Yep, it's a great time to work on getting under 5/24 right now if anyone's been looking for a new chase card in the near future.

I'm only 4/24, but in april I'll be 1/24 if I don't get anything new before then, and lately it seems exceedingly unlikely that I'll get anything new before then.

I'm still 19/24... 😅 Gotta wait til 9/2021 before I'm 4/24 (actually will be 1/24 10/2021 so I can add 3 cards between then and now). 

Only immediate plans are US Bank Cash+. 

Message 30 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.