cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Cool NEW CARDS coming out?!

tag
Aim_High
Super Contributor

Re: Any Cool NEW CARDS coming out?!


@Anonymous wrote:

If you're 19/24 and still maintaining the scores in your signature, you are something (someone) to be envied. What's your AAoA at this point? 

 


@Anonymous wrote:   I'm still 19/24... 😅 Gotta wait til 9/2021 before I'm 4/24

Actually, @Anonymous, while @Anonymous has done quite well increasing his scores while adding new accounts, he's not alone.  I've added 13 new acccounts over past 24 months (12 personal, 1 business) and my scores are still solidly into the 800's.  My file is thick and aged, though, so I don't recommend just anyone do this and expect similar results.  I think @M_Smart007 has been even more active and maintained pretty high scores! 


Business Cards


Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$900K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0 - SYCH - 65.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 31 of 45
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Any Cool NEW CARDS coming out?!


@UpperNwGuy wrote:

.  Nobody here has a secret "new cool card," because if they did, it would quickly be all over the internet, and you wouldn't have to ask.


Well, it depends on just how cool things have to be.   Both USAlliance and AOD 3% everywhere (which IMO are still fairly cool!) were detailed here early, and didn't really make it to the major blogs.

 

But I would agree that people here probably aren't sitting on good things waiting for someone to ask!

Message 32 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Any Cool NEW CARDS coming out?!


@Anonymous wrote:

If you're 19/24 and still maintaining the scores in your signature, you are something (someone) to be envied. What's your AAoA at this point? 

 


@Anonymous wrote:

@coreysw12 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It's pretty quiet right now which is making it really easy to garden. 


Yep, it's a great time to work on getting under 5/24 right now if anyone's been looking for a new chase card in the near future.

 

I'm only 4/24, but in april I'll be 1/24 if I don't get anything new before then, and lately it seems exceedingly unlikely that I'll get anything new before then.


I'm still 19/24... 😅 Gotta wait til 9/2021 before I'm 4/24 (actually will be 1/24 10/2021 so I can add 3 cards between then and now). 

Only immediate plans are US Bank Cash+. 


 


My AAOA is 2y7m EX, 3y2m EQ, and 2y9m TU. AOOA is 10y6m EX, 10y4m EQ, and 10y4m TU. It got to the point that I added so many that my AAOA was only dropping 1 month for each new account. 🤣 

Less than 1% utilization, only 3 cards reporting a balance, oldest revolver 6y6m. 

What has really been boosting my scores has been inquiries falling. I'll be down to 0/12 on inquiries for TU and EX next month and 1/12 on EQ. I have noticed small gains after each one falls, much to my surprise. 

TU doesn't have AOD reporting so on TU I will hit 0/12 next month and that should be another decent chunk of points. 

Message 33 of 45
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Re: Any Cool NEW CARDS coming out?!


@longtimelurker wrote:

@UpperNwGuy wrote:

.  Nobody here has a secret "new cool card," because if they did, it would quickly be all over the internet, and you wouldn't have to ask.


Well, it depends on just how cool things have to be.   Both USAlliance and AOD 3% everywhere (which IMO are still fairly cool!) were detailed here early, and didn't really make it to the major blogs.

 

But I would agree that people here probably aren't sitting on good things waiting for someone to ask!


AOD did get noticed on DOC, MF was the reason of course, but AOD was geofenced by then.

Message 34 of 45
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Re: Any Cool NEW CARDS coming out?!

I think more or so like @ccquest  and another person mentioned ...sorry I have horrible memory so I will have to go back to tag Woody, but things like that are interesting to me...Lesser known things or new things popping up Smiley Very Happy      Just like I didn't know about X1 or someone else was talking about an Andrew something CU I had never heard of before so there are cards/lenders out there that although may be more common to some may not be so to others and thought if it's cool to you maybe others might find the new add cool and some people wait for a very specific type of card and when it comes out to them they sometimes have the mindset that if they know then it has to be common knowledge when that isn't true either.   Smiley Very Happy     Just more food for thought Smiley Happy







Message 35 of 45
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Re: Any Cool NEW CARDS coming out?!

@woodyman100    Sorry I knew it was Woody something.







Message 36 of 45
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Re: Any Cool NEW CARDS coming out?!

@UpperNwGuy    Something like that I think that is neat that smaller CU are coming up too Smiley Very Happy







Message 37 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Any Cool NEW CARDS coming out?!


@blindambition wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@UpperNwGuy wrote:

.  Nobody here has a secret "new cool card," because if they did, it would quickly be all over the internet, and you wouldn't have to ask.


Well, it depends on just how cool things have to be.   Both USAlliance and AOD 3% everywhere (which IMO are still fairly cool!) were detailed here early, and didn't really make it to the major blogs.

 

But I would agree that people here probably aren't sitting on good things waiting for someone to ask!


AOD did get noticed on DOC, MF was the reason of course, but AOD was geofenced by then.


AOD isn't geofenced even now. Those people on DoC were either trying to mislead people or they just didn't read the thread closely enough to find the loophole. 

Message 38 of 45
JNA1
Valued Contributor

Re: Any Cool NEW CARDS coming out?!

The Chase Freedom Flex is the only new card (and only Chase card) that Is really interesting to me at this point, at least for my spend.

I’m planning on gardening until Jan and trying for the Cash + and then maybe another Navy Fed card. After that, it will be next November before I’d be under 5/24 for the Chase card. I want the Synovus Travel card at some point for the 5% on travel, but that isn’t a major concern during these times.😞

Our credit card journey started 3/2018


Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $608,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 5/31/24- $21,590.43
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 39 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Any Cool NEW CARDS coming out?!

Kind of new is that the BoA 3-2-1 Secured card is now available for direct applications instead of as a possible counter-offer to the regular version: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit-cards/products/cash-back-secured-credit-card/ 

 

Not too spicy, but it's a good choice for rebuilders/starters, I guess

Message 40 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.