cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Difference in BT directly to Own Account or Creditor?

tag
Regular Contributor

Any Difference in BT directly to Own Account or Creditor?

Was wondering if it is better to have the creditor directly deposit into my checking account to do a BT with another creditor? Or should I just have them pay my creditor directly?

American Express Blue Cash Every | Discover it | Citi Double Cash | Citi Custom Cash (10/2021) | Bank of America Cash Rewards | Chase Slate | Capital One Quicksilver | Amazon Store Card | PayPal Credit | J. Crew | Old Navy | Experian: 785 Equifax: 798 Transunion: 777 |
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Any Difference in BT directly to Own Account or Creditor?

I always like getting direct deposit to my account as it csn be faster snd you pay off your other creditor as if you were making payment. Why i love Disco and Citi for that optionSmiley Happy. Either method is fine though. Creditors only care they are getting paidSmiley Wink
Message 2 of 4
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
I always like getting direct deposit to my account as it csn be faster snd you pay off your other creditor as if you were making payment. Why i love Disco and Citi for that optionSmiley Happy. Either method is fine though. Creditors only care they are getting paidSmiley Wink

Right.   The only difference is if you decide not to apply the full amount to the other creditor once the check is in your account.   You can view this as

a) bad if it is just that you are not disciplined and "waste" some of the money on unnecessary other spend

b) good, increased flexibility just in case, when some emergency hits out of the blue right after the BT

Message 3 of 4
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

Some are great for direct to the bank, others not so much. BB&T has the worst online BT funtionality I believe exist.  Citi, Disco, and USBank have all been exceptional.

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.