cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Experience with the Creditcards.com Pre Qualified Site?

tag
texasman07
Established Contributor

Any Experience with the Creditcards.com Pre Qualified Site?

Hey guys,

Just to check.  I did the pre qualify on the credit cards.com website.  It said I was Pre App for the Venture card from Capital one along with 10 other cards.  Anybody have experience with getting approved off this website?

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Strepthroat
Frequent Contributor

Re: Any Experience with the Creditcards.com Pre Qualified Site?

Site said that DH prequalified for BOA Accelerated Rewards AMEX and Chase card (not sure which) and he was approved for both. 

Chase Marriott Visa $25,000 | Chase Southwest Visa $25,000 | PFCU Visa $20,000 | Capital One Savor $20,000 | Nordstrom Visa $20,000 | GUCU Visa $10,500 | CapitalOne Quicksilver Visa $10,000 | US Bank Perks Visa $9,000 | Barclays Cash Forward Visa $6,000 | BB&T Spectrum Cash Visa $3,500
Message 2 of 22
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

this is a card matching tool; not a pre qualifier. it only matches you with cards you are more likely to be approved for. but personally i question its accuracy.

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 3 of 22
Strepthroat
Frequent Contributor

texasman i believe it also does a soft pull for TR I believe.  Reason I say that is I ran my information through with a freeze on my TR, couldn't process the information.  DH had no freeze on his TR at the time and the cards they 'matched' him with, two of the cards he applied for and was instantly approved.  And of course there are so many factors in determining approval for credit, but to answer your original question, Yes. 

Chase Marriott Visa $25,000 | Chase Southwest Visa $25,000 | PFCU Visa $20,000 | Capital One Savor $20,000 | Nordstrom Visa $20,000 | GUCU Visa $10,500 | CapitalOne Quicksilver Visa $10,000 | US Bank Perks Visa $9,000 | Barclays Cash Forward Visa $6,000 | BB&T Spectrum Cash Visa $3,500
Message 4 of 22
texasman07
Established Contributor

I thought so... I remember seeing on my TU full report one time creditcards.com under inquiries that were soft pulls.  What strikes me strange is my scores are well below 640 but yet VENTURE card comes up as "Pre Qual". 

Message 5 of 22
Strepthroat
Frequent Contributor

It certainly isn't a guarantee that you would be approved.

Message 6 of 22
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@texasman07 wrote:

I thought so... I remember seeing on my TU full report one time creditcards.com under inquiries that were soft pulls.  What strikes me strange is my scores are well below 640 but yet VENTURE card comes up as "Pre Qual". 

Interesting. I've used their credit card match in the past just to see what they would come up with for me. They've always listed the Cap1 Platinum and No Hassle Cash Rewards for Fair credit (it had the $39 fee). Seemed on target, as that's what I have in my wallet.

I tried it again just now. This time, it comes up with both versions of the Venture card and the no AF version of the Cap1 No Hassle Cash Rewards.

I'm wondering if this is because Cap1 gave me the $5000 CLI on the Platinum Visa that I've had since 1999. Since this brings my CL on that card up to $6400, maybe it looks life I've had a credit card with a CL > $5000 for more than three years. This is one of the guidelines that Cap1 uses to define it's "Excellent" credit category.

Well, no point in biting... it's not like it's a preapproval. I'm still optimistic that at some point my Platinum Visa will be upgraded to a Venture, so I'll just sit back and wait. It's quite pleasant for me in "the garden" right now. Smiley Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 7 of 22
texasman07
Established Contributor

Very interesting you say that.  I just got approved for thier SONY PLAT ViSA CARD. and I was just messing around with the pre qual creditcards.com website and now I get all Cap 1 cards.  Also it says that the SONY CARD i just recieved is for people with EXCELLENT CREDIT. Which is def not me.  What gives??? Oh well I should just be happy I got approved for thier card.  They said it was also in the credit steps program to go from 500 to 750 in 5 months. Hmmmmm....

Message 8 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

It used to be a little more reliable until they prequalified me for cap1 venture and first premier on same pull.

Message 9 of 22
texasman07
Established Contributor

Okay I got the Venture and the First Premier on the same pull as well! HA HA

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.