cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Experience with the Creditcards.com Pre Qualified Site?

tag
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Any Experience with the Creditcards.com Pre Qualified Site?

@texasman07 wrote:

Okay I got the Venture and the First Premier on the same pull as well! HA HA

That's the funniest thing that I've heard all day, LOL!!!!! Smiley Very Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 11 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's been inaccurate for 3-5 days now. Not sure what's going on. I heard this happened another time. Don't trust anything it's pre qualifying you for. I would venture to guess it'll be fixed in a week or so.

Message 12 of 22
addicted_to_credit
Established Contributor

too funny matched me with 3 amex cards 5 cap one cards and a first premier

undefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedMy ImageMy ImageMy ImageMy Image
Message 13 of 22
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

If you have a freeze on all three reports, does this prequalifier still work? I was under the assumption a freeze prevented hard pulls, but soft pulls were alright. Any one else have this experience?

Message 14 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@texasman07 wrote:

Hey guys,

Just to check.  I did the pre qualify on the credit cards.com website.  It said I was Pre App for the Venture card from Capital one along with 10 other cards.  Anybody have experience with getting approved off this website?

Before you click to submit your data they specifically tell you that there is no guaranty you will be approved for any credit card they match you with.  Even on the list of cards that show up as a "match", it states these are cards you are "more likely" to get approved for.

If you have TU frozen it will not work.  I tried with TU frozen and it failed to come up with any matches.  After unfreezing TU it came up with (3) AmEx, (2) Chase, (5) CrapOne and a 1st Premier.  Nothing really exciting.

I think it's just a gimmick where they can charge certain participating card issuers more for somewhat-targeted marketing. 

Message 15 of 22
clocktick
Valued Contributor

@tinuviel wrote:
maybe it looks life I've had a credit card with a CL > $5000 for more than three years. This is one of the guidelines that Cap1 uses to define it's "Excellent" credit category.

I didn't know about this.  This actually helps a lot.  Is this on their site?  Thanks for the info!

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 16 of 22
daylove
Regular Contributor

@UFGuy2006 wrote:

If you have a freeze on all three reports, does this prequalifier still work? I was under the assumption a freeze prevented hard pulls, but soft pulls were alright. Any one else have this experience?

Under no circumstance I will give them my SS#, this is not a CC company or a bank I do not understand how can anyone give them their info.

Message 17 of 22
treefrogger
New Contributor

If only these issuers actually pulled TransUnion, then it may be of more value.

Message 18 of 22
rajbansjoshi
Established Member

creditcard.com had done Softpulls on my TU CR and as far as my experience goes, these are just suggestions that you are more likely to be qualified but the actual approval would depend on more factors and you might see different results if you really apply for the CC.

Raj
Message 19 of 22
john398
Senior Contributor

Just tried this and I match on the following cards

American Express® Premier Rewards Gold Card 
Capital One® No Hassle CashSM Rewards Credit Card
Chase Freedom® Visa - $50 Bonus Cash Back
Chase Freedom® Visa - $100 Bonus Cash Back
Capital One® Classic Platinum Credit Card 
 Capital One® Platinum Credit Card
The Platinum Card® from American Express
Capital One® Secured MasterCard® 
JourneySM Student Rewards from Capital One® 
First PREMIER® Bank MasterCard® Credit Card

My TU Fico is 666 according to WalMart site as of today

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.