cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Experience with the Creditcards.com Pre Qualified Site?

dead9uy
Valued Member

Re: Any Experience with the Creditcards.com Pre Qualified Site?

@daylove- I think the days of guarding your SSN like the crown jewels are over. I wouldn't go handing it over to a door-to-door salesperson but I'm sure my number is available to more companies than I could even imagine. 

Message 21 of 22
ficofox
Regular Contributor

Re: Any Experience with the Creditcards.com Pre Qualified Site?

@dead9uy wrote:

@daylove- I think the days of guarding your SSN like the crown jewels are over. I wouldn't go handing it over to a door-to-door salesperson but I'm sure my number is available to more companies than I could even imagine. 

+1 (made me giggle.... +2). Crown Jewels..... Smiley Very Happy

It's also interesting to see the cards tagged with "Excellent Credit". I was approved for a Platinum Amex which, according to creditcards.com requires "Excellent Credit" but to me, that would require at the very least a 730+ FICO, which I don't have. I would definitely take their suggestions with a grain of salt. Seems to heavily favor Capital One products, which is likely a major sponsor of the site. Fun to play with, at any rate.

With FICO, time heals all wounds.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.