cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Opinions About The Citi Simplicity CC?

tag
bwflorida

Any Opinions About The Citi Simplicity CC?

applied for this card today, but have not yet received a response. Citi Customer Service said they report to all three agencies, so it seems like a pretty good card for rebuilding credit. I'm hoping I qualify!

Card Details I found on other websites:
18 month 0% introductory APR on balance transfers and purchases.
12.99% to 21.99% variable APR after intro, based on credit scores.
Secure number different from card number available for shopping online.
No annual fee.
No late fees.
23 day grace period.
3% balance transfer fee.
No penalty interest rate.
Credit Score Approval Data: Average approved--731, Lowest approved--611.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Re: Any Opinions About The Citi Simplicity CC?

If you are rebuilding credit, I do not think this is the card for you. Citi Simplicity is for those who needs to do BT. Because it is a no fee CC (and generous term), its approval criteria is substantially higher than any other CC.

Message 2 of 5
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

All CCs report to all 3 CRAs that I know unless there's some strange one that doesn't. Citi Simplicity isn't for rebuilding. I'm not sure what your credit report or FICO look like. But citi has pretty high standards for approval. Cap One has some rebuilder cards, if thst's what you're needing to do. Or local CUs will sometimes help people get a decent CL cc to rebuild. 

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 3 of 5
learnin113
Established Contributor

Heh? This is not a rebuilder card. You need a pretty solid report to get it. Whoa!
Message 4 of 5
DeadSpider
Frequent Contributor

The Slate card has no BT fee, Simplicity has 3% BT fee it's kinda like Discover IT.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.