Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Recent Sears Upgrades?

tag
laz98
Senior Contributor

Any Recent Sears Upgrades?

Got a letter in the mail today that Sears wants to upgrade our store card to the MC version.  From what I can tell, they're almost the same.  Most importantly to us, it looks like we will still be eligible for 0% type offers with the MC.  Has anyone been upgraded lately?  Did it come with a CLI by any chance?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Any Recent Sears Upgrades?

I have a bad taste in my mouth from Sears card!  Do you mind shareing your APR?

Message 2 of 9
Mike360
Frequent Contributor

They told me a couple months back when i requested a credit limit increase that I would have to apply for it. Got a $200 CLI..what a waste of a hard pull.

Message 3 of 9
laz98
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

What don't you like about it?  It's 25.24%.  That's what the new card will have too, I think.

Message 4 of 9
laz98
Senior Contributor

@Mike360 wrote:

They told me a couple months back when i requested a credit limit increase that I would have to apply for it. Got a $200 CLI..what a waste of a hard pull.

Blah!  Definitely won't waste the time then!

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@laz98 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

What don't you like about it?  It's 25.24%.  That's what the new card will have too, I think.

I will of course start out by saying that it's really my fault for over extending myself when I was younger and got the card back in 93'.  The main reason I don't care for their card is because of the APR's.  I don't know of too many people that have low APR's on this card and really this is how they make their money on most people.  I know for a fact that their are much more reasonable cards out their like the ones I have now but again the SEARS card is just not a very good card in my humble opinion.

Message 6 of 9
laz98
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@laz98 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I will of course start out by saying that it's really my fault for over extending myself when I was younger and got the card back in 93'.  The main reason I don't care for their card is because of the APR's.  I don't know of too many people that have low APR's on this card and really this is how they make their money on most people.  I know for a fact that their are much more reasonable cards out their like the ones I have now but again the SEARS card is just not a very good card in my humble opinion.

Yeah, I've kind of accepted that store cards are not going to have stellar APRs.  The ones that I can use for 0% offers, I do, & I try not to use them for anything else.  I won't lie & say I never do, though.  The store cards that we have that don't have those kinds of offers, we just try not to use or run up.

We got this card when we were shopping for a freezer.  To be honest, I didn't think we would get it, but we did.  Haven't used it since we paid it off, though.  I was pretty surprised they even offered to upgrade it!  We got it in March 2011, & paid it off in February 2012.  I guess it hasn't been as long as I thought!

Message 7 of 9
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

Is there any way to apply for the citi MC online?

NOT for me though! lol

Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 8 of 9
laz98
Senior Contributor

i think you can apply for both online.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.