Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Recent Soutwest Airlines Visa apps?

tag
mauwow0682
Frequent Contributor

Any Recent Soutwest Airlines Visa apps?

So I'm currently making a goal list of CC's I would like to have. Currently on my list are Costco TE, Discover More, Citi Forward, and I'd like the SWA card because I pretty much fly southwest exculsively and it seems like the AF on the airline card is much cheaper and more straight foward than other airline CC. If you've applied recently I'd like to hear from you, scores, baddies, starting CL, etc.

Starting Score: 620 FAKO
Current Score: FICO TU 715 (wal-mart) FICO EQ 692
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
smc733
Valued Contributor

Re: Any Recent Soutwest Airlines Visa apps?

Are you talking about the Southwest Rapid Rewards Visa Signature?  Being from Chase, I'd imagine a clean history and a 720+ are pretty much a requirement.

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 2 of 4
jefftca925
Established Contributor

I applied last August and was approved for $5k limit (Visa Signature).  Had a 760 EQ score at the time I think, but also had checking, savings, and 2+ years CC history with Chase on 3 other cards.  The concensus is that the approval is not instant on their airline cards and they are usually queued for review which takes about 2 weeks or so.  You definitely have to be patient with Chase.  I use the card periodically but not as much as my Freedom cards which I love.  CS is ok (I like Citi and BofA better) but they're fraud system is very good.  I've had two CCs and my debit card compromised and didn't lose a dime. Smiley Happy

CCs: Chase Freedom VS 12.9k, CSP VISA Sg 13k, BofA Amex 24.5k, Discover 12.5k, US Bank Cash+ Visa Sg 17k, Macy's Amex 8k/1.5k, Gap Visa 10k, Best Buy 11.1k, Citi TY MC 10.8k, Citi AA Amex 6k, Nordstrom VS 10k, Costco Amex 12k, BofA CR VS 5k, Amex BCP 13.5k, Amex ED 5k, Sears MC 9k, HD 7k, Target 600, Amazon 7k, US Bank MC 15k, US Airways MC 8k, NFL Visa 4k, Patelco Visa 10k, Penfed PR VS 44.6k, Chase Hyatt VS 8k, Citi Simplicity 13.3k, PayPal MC 7.5k, BBVA Visa 4k, WF VS 14k, FNBO Amex 14.1k, OCCU VISA 15k, TR Visa Sg 16.3k, C1 QS Visa 11k, FRN MC 15k, HSN 4k, Saks WEMC 10k/4k, Chase Ink 18k, Arrival WEMC 10k, Ebates VS 8k, Orbitz VS 12k, NASA V 30k, USBk FP VS 21.5k, DC 30k, VirgAm 15k, Sams MC 15k, Amex Bz Gold, Amex SC 10k, BofW Bz MC 18k
Message 3 of 4
conjur
Established Member

For this card, how sensitive are they to util and new accounts?  My util will soon be under 30% and I've had about 10 new accounts in the last year (ugh...too many)

Would be nice to add this card and close out some little ones but I've a feeling I should probably wait until the end of the year.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.