cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Rhyme Or Reason To Barclaycard Free FICO Updates?

tag
shane82388
Established Contributor

Any Rhyme Or Reason To Barclaycard Free FICO Updates?

Anyone know if there is any rhyme or reason to the Barclay free FICO score as far as when they will update? Mine has updated twice since Sept/Octoberish i think? Last update was 11/19/2013....

Keep checking but no updates...anyone else get any more frequent updates?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Any Rhyme Or Reason To Barclaycard Free FICO Updates?

@shane82388 wrote:

Anyone know if there is any rhyme or reason to the Barclay free FICO score as far as when they will update? Mine has updated twice since Sept/Octoberish i think? Last update was 11/19/2013....

Keep checking but no updates...anyone else get any more frequent updates?

it seems to update once every 1-2 months. not too sure either.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 9
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

I have a no AF arrival and a newly opened Lufthansa and mine seems to be more of a monitoring then what I am used to with Walmart. December alone i got 5 emails about score changes, and everytime I have had updated scores. 

Message 3 of 9
jspring86
Established Member

I also have a no AF Arrival and I get notifications often, it seems to be whenever my score changes.  

Cards: AMEX BCE-$2K, BOA 1-2-3-$2K, Barclays Arrival-$4K, Discover IT-$4K. Gardening until at least July 2014!
Message 4 of 9
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

I have the Arrival with AF and received 1 new score since September but numerous alerts for a score change. But it always displays the same score.  It looks to me that it does not properly work.  Oh well I get the same score monthly from Discover and that works just fine Smiley Happy Actually Discover should cut today or tomorrow and my score should show a drop for reporting too many accounts with balances and 1 card maxed out..LOL

Message 5 of 9
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

I asked in a PM to Barclaycard and they said that it updates every 10 weeks unless something changes on your report. I would assume that means HP, new account, etc.

Dear :

Thank you for contacting us regarding your Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard.  

We receive updated information from TransUnion once every 10 weeks, or whenever there are certain changes to your credit file (new account openings, new inquiries for credit, etc.). Whenever that updated information affects your FICO® Score, we will send you an email alert letting you know that your FICO® Score has changed. 

We apologize for the confusion, and hope that we have been able to clarify the situation. If you have any other questions and concerns, please reply to this message. 

Sincerely,

Customer Service

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 6 of 9
timmy_sos

I got the Barclay card in November.    Updated FICO on 12/21/13.    Hasn't changed since (it's mid Feb).    And I don't just mean my score hasn't changed, it has the date stamp of when it was updated right there on the page.   Asked customer service about it and they tell me about how often they report to the CRA's (your own account info).    In other words, their cust service is worthless as well.

But, I DO like the card and the rewards.  

Message 7 of 9
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@timmy_sos wrote:

I got the Barclay card in November.    Updated FICO on 12/21/13.    Hasn't changed since (it's mid Feb).    And I don't just mean my score hasn't changed, it has the date stamp of when it was updated right there on the page.   Asked customer service about it and they tell me about how often they report to the CRA's (your own account info).    In other words, their cust service is worthless as well.

But, I DO like the card and the rewards.  

I think the date stamp in pretty standard. Nothing out of the ordinary there. Seems like you're still within the 10 week window for update. Maybe mid March will reflect a new score (if any). Customer service has been beyond helpful for me. Sorry to hear that your experience with them deems them worthless.

Message 8 of 9
heyitsyeh
Frequent Contributor

The last update I got for my Barclay Free Credit Score was on December 12, before the score viewing link went kaput, and remains to this day.

TU: 777 | EQ: 814 | EX: 764
Last INQ: 3/26/21
AAoA: 4y 7m
Lowest limit: Chase Freedom Visa - $13,000
Highest limit: Discover It - $56,500
Available credit: $200,600 (8 cards)
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.