cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Risks Associated with Initial CLI Reqeust?

tag
HappySoda
Valued Member

Any Risks Associated with Initial CLI Reqeust?

Hi There

Just got approved for a Walmart Discover with 1500 limit. I was thinking of doing a recon but to be honest most of my accounts are only 6 months old or less.

Would doing an initial CLI be a risky move? Would they possibly take a look at my low AAOA and decide to rescind my 1100 and give me less than originally approved for?

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Re: Any Risks Associated with Initial CLI Reqeust?

@HappySoda wrote:

Hi There

Just got approved for a Walmart Discover with 1100 limit. I was thinking of doing a recon but to be honest most of my accounts are only 6 months old or less.

Would doing an initial CLI be a risky move? Would they possibly take a look at my low AAOA and decide to rescind my 1100 and give me less than originally approved for?

Thanks

Since it is GE, you have nothing to worry about in that regard! They're usually very good with limited history. Give it a go; worst comes to worse, they won't be able to approve your CLI at this time!

Message 2 of 4
chnceit
Valued Contributor

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

@HappySoda wrote:

Hi There

Just got approved for a Walmart Discover with 1100 limit. I was thinking of doing a recon but to be honest most of my accounts are only 6 months old or less.

Thanks

Since it is GE, you have nothing to worry about in that regard! They're usually very good with limited history. Give it a go; worst comes to worse, they won't be able to approve your CLI at this time!

+1

Call them and give it a try. The worst thing they can say is no 

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 3 of 4
HappySoda
Valued Member

She said sorry the only way she could increase me is if it was for Business purposes. When I originally called, the reason was Personal.

Would it be stupid to call back and say I'd like an increase for my business? Lol.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.