cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Veterans Of the 2007 Barclay Debacle left?

minimock
Frequent Contributor

Any Veterans Of the 2007 Barclay Debacle left?

Didnt want to drudge up the whole old thread, but I read through it all.

 

Was curious if anyone has managed to hold on to the CL they got from way back then.

 

The thread kinda peters out with everyone getting thier CL's yanked or reduced.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

Re: Any Veterans Of the 2007 Barclay Debacle left?

I'm not sure exactly what the debacle refers to, so I'm not sure if I was part of it.  Was it the outrageously high credit lines that were given out for a few days when their system appeared to be broken? 

 

I was given a 2,500 CL in 2007 (plain Juniper MC, no co-branding) and it's still the same today.  They did, however, raise my interest rate from about 8% to 14.99% for no reason (no wrongdoing on my part, anyway) and recently they added an annual fee and 1% cash-back reward as a salve to soothe the sting of the annual fee.

_________________________________________________________
Too many accounts; too many debts; lots of open credit, and lots of utilized credit. Scores somewhere in the 600s - I have no earthly idea exactly what number, but not 700 like it was, briefly.
Message 2 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Any Veterans Of the 2007 Barclay Debacle left?

Junami! Smiley Very Happy

 

I got my SeaMiles back then, but I missed the wave. Paddled out too far I guess. I got stuck with a low CL of which they refused to increase for nearly 2 years.

Message 3 of 8
minimock
Frequent Contributor

Re: Any Veterans Of the 2007 Barclay Debacle left?


@ChesterPDexter wrote:

I'm not sure exactly what the debacle refers to, so I'm not sure if I was part of it.  Was it the outrageously high credit lines that were given out for a few days when their system appeared to be broken? 

 

 

Yup that would be the debacle I was speaking of Smiley Happy

 

Some folks were getting 3 lines at 15/20k a piece. I was just curious if they wacked everyone down to $500 or there were a few escape artists. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 8
hdporter
Contributor

Re: Any Veterans Of the 2007 Barclay Debacle left?

I scored two cards 9/07 during that spree with total CL of $27.5K.  Haven't had any difficulty in holding the lines since.

 

In the last year or so, I've closed those two lines and opened a Priceline card with $22.5K and US Airways with $5.0k.  Up until this month, they've declined any request for CLI.  However, they just gave me a $3k CLI on the Priceline last week, taking it to $25.5K.

Message 5 of 8
minimock
Frequent Contributor

Re: Any Veterans Of the 2007 Barclay Debacle left?


@hdporter wrote:

I scored two cards 9/07 during that spree with total CL of $27.5K.  Haven't had any difficulty in holding the lines since.

 

In the last year or so, I've closed those two lines and opened a Priceline card with $22.5K and US Airways with $5.0k.  Up until this month, they've declined any request for CLI.  However, they just gave me a $3k CLI on the Priceline last week, taking it to $25.5K.


Sweet! I cant even imagine a 25K CL, what would you do with it? Unless you made 1/2 million a year, you couldnt PIF if it was maxed out Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 8
aftermath
Established Contributor

Re: Any Veterans Of the 2007 Barclay Debacle left?


@minimock wrote:

@hdporter wrote:

I scored two cards 9/07 during that spree with total CL of $27.5K.  Haven't had any difficulty in holding the lines since.

 

In the last year or so, I've closed those two lines and opened a Priceline card with $22.5K and US Airways with $5.0k.  Up until this month, they've declined any request for CLI.  However, they just gave me a $3k CLI on the Priceline last week, taking it to $25.5K.


Sweet! I cant even imagine a 25K CL, what would you do with it? Unless you made 1/2 million a year, you couldnt PIF if it was maxed out Smiley Happy


25K CL = $25,000

1/2 million = $500,000

 

Smiley Indifferent

American Express Blue Cash Everyday $6600
Barclays US Airways Premier World Mastercard $14500
Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000
Chase Freedom Visa $1000
Chase United Explorer $8500
Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select Visa Signature $7500
Citi ThankYou Premier World Mastercard $7500
Message 7 of 8
TangMeister
Frequent Contributor

Re: Any Veterans Of the 2007 Barclay Debacle left?


@aftermath wrote:

@minimock wrote:

@hdporter wrote:

I scored two cards 9/07 during that spree with total CL of $27.5K.  Haven't had any difficulty in holding the lines since.

 

In the last year or so, I've closed those two lines and opened a Priceline card with $22.5K and US Airways with $5.0k.  Up until this month, they've declined any request for CLI.  However, they just gave me a $3k CLI on the Priceline last week, taking it to $25.5K.


Sweet! I cant even imagine a 25K CL, what would you do with it? Unless you made 1/2 million a year, you couldnt PIF if it was maxed out Smiley Happy


25K CL = $25,000

1/2 million = $500,000

 

Smiley Indifferent



Mmmmm....now that's a credit line to shoot for.  Closest I know of is the Merrill+ Visa Siggy, which goes to $250k. 

 

I read once that Hillary Clinton's Nordies Visa Siggy has a limit of just under a $mil....only because their system can't assign a 7 figure limit.  Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.