Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any approvals on a second recon call?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any approvals on a second recon call?

If so, what did you do differently that worked?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Any approvals on a second recon call?

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, quite a few people have received approvals on the 2nd or even more recon calls.  Most often it isn't what you do differently but that you happen to get a more empathetic CSR

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

There has been aplenty of approvals upon a second recon and it is tailored to each particular card.  A pitch that worked to get a card approved might not work for another.  So re-phrase your question and include the particular card you are talking about.

Message 3 of 6
kdm31091
Super Contributor

It can happen if you get a CSR who happens to be more empathetic. That said, some issuers are easier than others. Barclay's and Chase pretty much record and notate each call, so if you hang up and try again, they are going to notice you already spoke with someone about it. Not to say repeat attempts don't work with say, Barclay's, but it's not as frequent, simply because they can see you've already called.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

In july, it took me 4 recon calls to get my IHG approved with Chase. I apped for ihg/hyatt.

Now that I apped for ink+, I am on my 2nd recon. Fingers crossed!

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting thread...

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.