cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any banks that let you keep your old card after a PC?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Any banks that let you keep your old card after a PC?

@Adkins wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Since I’m a sucker for metal cards, but don’t currently have the spend to justify an annual fee, I’ve been wondering if any banks let you keep your old card and use it after a PC. For example, downgrading the CSP to a Freedom but using the CSP card, or downgrading a Savor to a SavorOne (if that’s possible) but keeping the Savor. I know that Discover lets you use your old card but I’m specifically wondering about these higher-end cards

The Chase Amazon Prime card is a metal card, no annual fee unless you count the prime membership you're already paying. 

I know about that one, but I don't use Amazon enough to pay for prime, even the student version. Even if I did, Amazon lets you use the same CC for free trials so whenever I need it I just make a new account and get it for free

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
A couple years ago I PCd from a CSP to a FU after my wife got a CSR and I was able to use my metal CSP card until the expiration date.

Interesting, may have to try it at some point

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Funny you mentioned, this. I’m also a sucker for metal cards. Just got my CSP in January, but I plan to PC it down after year one to dodge the AF. I’m already hating to think about the day I have to downgrade this awesome card. My question, though, is regarding the benefits. If I were to downgrade my CSP to a CF but still keep using my CSP card until expiration, would I still be earning the rotating 5%?
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Funny you mentioned, this. I’m also a sucker for metal cards. Just got my CSP in January, but I plan to PC it down after year one to dodge the AF. I’m already hating to think about the day I have to downgrade this awesome card. My question, though, is regarding the benefits. If I were to downgrade my CSP to a CF but still keep using my CSP card until expiration, would I still be earning the rotating 5%?

Yes

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.